Is this a CMS Violation.

The OP also said agent is only appointed with 2 carrier's, That tells me the OP is over assuming out of the gate.

Also how many times do you have a lead card signed and prospect said I never did that, or an Internet lead same thing untill you say I have here on tues at 145 pm from Browser: Chrome
Operating System: Windows Vista (NT 6.0)
Device Type: Desktop

Than they so Ohh I was just looking at some quotes, Even teli leads, I have never spoke to so and so , Wait who is this on recording from your number, Ohhh

Just because prospect said that does not make it true

Agree, but this lady does not own a computer so highly doubtful it is an internet lead.

The lady told me the agent's name off of the application. They are definitely only appointed with two carriers (one supp, one MAPD) in the state of TN. I looked them up.

Her issue is that she thought she was dealing with a local agent that had been referred to her (she thought this person had gotten her number from her sister who is on the same MAPD-not allowed to call for MAPD marketing, but she doesn't know that). Why she didn't ask for a F2F, who knows?

She wants a local agent, not someone from out-of-state. Which I will be happy to assist her with.

;)

Agree, but this lady does not own a computer so highly doubtful it is an internet lead.

The lady told me the agent's name off of the application. They are definitely only appointed with two carriers (one supp, one MAPD) in the state of TN. I looked them up.

Her issue is that she thought she was dealing with a local agent that had been referred to her (she thought this person had gotten her number from her sister who is on the same MAPD-not allowed to call for MAPD marketing, but she doesn't know that). Why she didn't ask for a F2F, who knows?

She wants a local agent, not someone from out-of-state. Which I will be happy to assist her with.

;)

And she wants a local agent and if so that is what she should do, And you should be the guy, I get that. And I agree sounds like you won her over and that is great

But as far as the other agent and if he should or should not be reported, All I am saying is there may be more to the story then you know. Who knows maybe she got the number from sister and called and later got freaked out it wasn't local guy, Or maybe she just didn't like the plan and wanted to change, or feel comfortable getting out of commitment.

I say take the deal and leave all the other stuff behind

As far as looking him up, I do know recently in some dealing I had with one of my FMO's my rep was showing me something on my appointments he looked up and I can say only half of my appointments showed in what he was using to look them up,

I am no tech guy, But who knows how accurate looking up can be

Yeah, no worries. No one is reporting anyone to CMS over this. I just wanted to get everyone's opinions. There is a lot of variation in interpretations of CMS rules (carriers and agents alike).

And just so you know I am not trying to be a hard .... ,I am just saying we all work hard and all know how easy we can get CMS on our .... and for things that are not even true, I just feel unless there is real harm being done and we know it is agent's fault otherwise we should just take our deals and go and leave the rest alone, Especially we know sometime no matter how sincere they sound prospects can misrepresent when they feel it is their best interest or because they don't remember exactly correct or whatever

I just feel like if you don't know 100% and there is no real harm done, you never know when you can get an innocent guy in trouble and maybe cost his family their food on their table

Last edited:
Back