Is This the Kiss of Death for Rural Hospitals?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Kryptonite for Rural hospitals . . .

“Private plans now cover more than half of all those eligible for Medicare. And while enrollment is highest in metropolitan areas, it has increased fourfold in rural areas since 2010. Meanwhile, more than 150 rural hospitals have closed since 2010.”

(The) 25-bed Mesa View Regional Hospital in Mesquite, Nevada, which has 21 Medicare Advantage contracts with multiple insurance companies—and is owed more than $800,000 for care already provided.

“Mesa View lost about $1.3 million taking care of patients, according to its most recent annual cost report,” writes KFF’s chief rural health correspondent, Sarah Jane Tribble.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Is Medicare Advantage kryptonite to rural hospitals?

Kryptonite for Rural hospitals . . .

“Private plans now cover more than half of all those eligible for Medicare. And while enrollment is highest in metropolitan areas, it has increased fourfold in rural areas since 2010. Meanwhile, more than 150 rural hospitals have closed since 2010.”

(The) 25-bed Mesa View Regional Hospital in Mesquite, Nevada, which has 21 Medicare Advantage contracts with multiple insurance companies—and is owed more than $800,000 for care already provided.

“Mesa View lost about $1.3 million taking care of patients, according to its most recent annual cost report,” writes KFF’s chief rural health correspondent, Sarah Jane Tribble.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Is Medicare Advantage kryptonite to rural hospitals?
to imply that rural hospitals close because of Medicare Advantage is disingenuous, even for you Somarco.

Rural hospitals have struggled financially for decades...even before MAPD came around. And its because of things like lower volume, high fixed costs, and reliance on things like Medicaid and other public funds.

to imply that rural hospitals close because of Medicare Advantage is disingenuous, even for you Somarco.

Rural hospitals have struggled financially for decades...even before MAPD came around. And its because of things like lower volume, high fixed costs, and reliance on things like Medicaid and other public funds.
How is it disingenous on Somaco's part? All he did was link to the article. He did not write it. What is disingenous is MA hacks that refuse to hear anything negative about MAs no matter how truevit might be.

How is it disingenous on Somaco's part? All he did was link to the article. He did not write it. What is disingenous is MA hacks that refuse to hear anything negative about MAs no matter how truevit might be.

I think every person on this board that sells both MA and Med Supplements have said is to give a true objective presentation to your clients.. they make the decisions .. they should only listen to facts and not scare tactics…I do both and am sure most on this board do both .. I could care less what my clients take ..but will tell you I have never spoken negative about either …

its disingenuous because he is constantly trying to imply that MA is only bad and has no place in the marketplace.

I agree though, the MA only hacks are just as bad as the medsupp only hacks.

A customer should be presented all options in an honest and impartial manner without the use of any fear tactics.

I understand however, for some on this forum, that goes against their business model, and therefore, their livelihood. Which is why I am attacked so often here, and why some so quickly resort to ad hominem attacks, scare tactics, and group think.

Life is easier for them when they can be oblivious to what happens in the real world. Ignorance is bliss.

Notice, no one disputes this information or seeks to disprove it with opposing information.

Life is easier for them when they can be oblivious to what happens in the real world. Ignorance is bliss.

Notice, no one disputes this information or seeks to disprove it with opposing information.
I disprove you all the time, you just don't see it because you block me or simply ignore it.

Not saying MAPD is perfect, or medsupps are bad. There is no one size fits all in insurance, no matter how badly you want that to be true

I disprove you all the time, you just don't see it because you block me or simply ignore it.

Not saying MAPD is perfect, or medsupps are bad. There is no one size fits all in insurance, no matter how badly you want that to be true

Just another google search.

How does this site not allow us to post gifs yet??
I had the perfect response with a gif
byCgZ.gif

Back