ISO recommendation for insurance for new teen driver

Captives are OK, Captive carriers insure 40-50% of people in many states, so they must do something correct to keep that many clients. Keep in mind, Independents don't always shop all carriers like is commonly advertised. Some do, but many don't in today marketplace. It is not as easy to get rates today with the myriad of discounts & insurance credit scoring models.

So, in reality, some independents place business with the carrier they like the most or have the best commission contract with or put it with a carrier they need to have more premium with. It is not quite as altruistic as the marketing of it claims. I have some great friends that are independents & great agents & great people, but they share this info with me when we talk shop. Too many carriers to keep track of all the underwriting rule changes, product details. So, best to pick a couple to focus on & still advertise that you will shop day & night every year for the best coverage & best price

good luck & stay safe with the Hurricane coming

Any recommendation on a carrier with strong rates for families with teen drivers?

Any recommendation on a carrier with strong rates for families with teen drivers?
I am sorry, I don't. I am in Michigan. A great carrier with great rates here could be the worst in another state depending on the myriad of rating factors that play out & the laws of each state.

If you have time, get an independent to quote & then maybe State Farm, Liberty Mutual, Allstate &/or Farm Bureau

Back