Job Interview with Monumental Insurance on Tuesday.

JmMb

I have a job interveiw with monumental life insurance company on tuesday. I have never worked in insurance. What should I expect and should I do some research on insurance before the interview? Also, what should I wear to the interveiw?

Insurance sales agent. The man I spoke with, the manager said there are two positions I would be considered for, one of which I assume would be the position I applied for.

You will be driving to policy holders homes and collecting their premiums. No matter what the manager tells you Monumental is a debit company. Nobody has just a "few" collections on their books, plan on a lot of service work also. The 90 day salary is ok and if you like this type of business you can do well, monumental was just not a good match for me.

if you like this type of business you can do well, monumental was just not a good match for me.

One of the best things about this industry is that there are many ways to build a successful business and make an above average income.

In my opinion, the most important aspect of successfully getting started in this industry is finding the right fit with the person who will be providing your guidance, training, and support. And, this is something that will be different for each person.

I had an interview with Monumental yesterday.
Long session!
I hear back next Tues.
They pay for training, and give newbies a book of old biz to service.
Commisions etc seem fair.
Anyone here with any experience to share?

Thanks to all.

The above poster is correct. Monumental is a debit agency. You will be going to homes and collecting premiums for lots of old, small policies. When I worked for them, they gave me a book of business that I had to collect on. I recieved 10% of premiums collected. That was what they called my "salary". During the training period I had a set base pay and anything I sold went into a "pool". Once training period was over I recieved 19% of that pool each pay period. So, it paid to really get out and hussle during training.
Some of the bad things are....if anything lapsed on my book from previous agents it would come directly off of my sales. They require you to lease a laptop from them .
It was my first life insurance selling job and I learned a huge amount about products and how the business works. You will also learn lots about people in general. Helped me in my next job on how to weed out people that are not really interested. You won't get rich with them but will learn alot. It was a good stepping stone for me.
Another good thing was you were always in front of people because of the collecting.

Last edited:
Back