Just Got Rejected To Sell For Secure Horizons

I just found this thread and thought it is quite interesting.

They are not giving appointments to those with bad credit. Okay they want to protect themselves, but at the same time they do not seem to care about the criminal records of individuals they hire.

I know an individual who was trying to get an appointment, I thought there was NO WAY that it would go through because of the fact that this person has criminal offenses against them. The criminal offenses against her are IDENTITY THEFT, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and some other things. Surely they would not let someone who is known to steal identities become an agent and have access to social security numbers, etc. Guess what......I WAS WRONG. That appointment went straight on through with no problem.

So advice to the original poster, clean up your credit and steal identities and your appointment will be approved easily, ha!

Last edited:
I just found this thread and thought it is quite interesting.

They are not giving appointments to those with bad credit. Okay they want to protect themselves, but at the same time they do not seem to care about the criminal records of individuals they hire.

I know an individual who was trying to get an appointment, I thought there was NO WAY that it would go through because of the fact that this person has criminal offenses against them. The criminal offenses against her are IDENTITY THEFT, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and some other things. Surely they would not let someone who is known to steal identities become an agent and have access to social security numbers, etc. Guess what......I WAS WRONG. That appointment went straight on through with no problem.

So advice to the original poster, clean up your credit and steal identities and your appointment will be approved easily, ha!

Well, it certainly is nice to know that they are truly thinking only in the best interests of the AARP and the elderly!!!

:D:D:D

i know this is a old post but....sometimes you just need to talk to contracting....and explain your situation to them....and follow it in writing......good luck...been their !!!!!!!!

I have to admit this topic hits close to home as I've had a tough last couple of years. I'm newly licensed and starting to look into appointments for Life/Health. I have no BK but do have a foreclosure almost two years back now..also some credit card wreakage. Tried to get auto financing recently and was approved but at a nasty rate. Anyone care to be more specific on what will tip the scale against you? Is it a credit score driven decision, ect? :err:

it seems every company is different. some look close, some don't. i had to explain in writing to a few companies.i did not have a problem with united on med sup side or golden rule .but gerber needed a written explaination...and i am sending oxford an explaination.....on the criminal check they go back 7 years....i am not sure what they look for....don't worry someone will let you sign up...

Back