Just thought that I would stir the MAPD vs MS pot again: Start at 2:25

The only denials I've seen this past year were dental related.
And that's because you've only been doing Medicare for a couple of years. Give it a little more time.

But dental and PDPs are not part of this argument. You're trying to move the goal posts.

Show me something that will prove what the OP or I have posted is not true.

I'll wait.

My gripe about Westfall is he absolutely demonizes MA, yet he has multiple websites set up solely for selling MA. That's like me being a vegan, and then opening up a BBQ restaurant. I think he means well, but don't act like you're above all others while still selling MA all day.

The only "complaints" ive heard are dental and along the lines of why is my Xarelto, Eliquis, Victoza, etc so high. Fixed that too easy enough...one guy now getting Xarelto $10 month rest of year, and the other two getting samples.

Hmmmm, so should I tell them I f'd em up, lets go back to Med supp/PDP? Or give them your number?
And that's because you've only been doing Medicare for a couple of years. Give it a little more time.

But dental and PDPs are not part of this argument. You're trying to move the goal posts.

Show me something that will prove what the OP or I have posted is not true.

I'll wait.
Show me the perfect medicare set up and I'll give ya a million. You can't talk med supp without talking PDP or youre simply leaving out a HUGE part of the equation. The med supp only people talk like the med supp crowd never has issues so long as theyre on OM.

You said yourself the Senate is part of the problem.

Why do you think we are where we are? Follow the $ trail. And the money trail isn't a worker ant agent. No matter how much a worker ant medicare agent makes, theyre just the conduit of which to get the "evil" done...to move it along at a faster rate. What's happening now would happen regardless.

And yes I'm new at medicare, but I'm an old agent who has been in the biz in some form or another for many years. To give you an idea, I just put my spouse on MAPD/GTL. I have been in health insurance for a long time. I never wanted to deal with certs/compliance, but theres such a raging need for help, now that I'm settled mre I can do all the hoop jumping MAPD requires.

to so many here, having OM means a client can take charge over their health care. Really, that implies they have control over it all.

It doesn't happen. At some point meds play into it. Can't pretend it doesn't and are you really doing your client justice by letting them roll out over $7k per year, when it could be 2k.

Just by insinuating theyll have control over their health care by saying that is based on a false premise to begin with.

'Deny, deny, deny': By rejecting claims, Medicare Advantage plans threaten rural hospitals and patients, say CEOs
Medicare Advantage plans "are taking over Medicare and they are taking advantage of elderly patients," said the CEO of one Mississippi facility.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - By denying claims, Medicare Advantage plans hurt rural hospitals, say CEOs

HHS Report: Medicare Advantage Plans Deny Some Needed Care
13 percent of MA-denied services likely covered under original Medicare

[EXTERNAL LINK] - HHS Says Medicare Advantage Plans Deny Some Needed Care

How do these folks get away with printing lies about Advantage plans?

Someone needs to investigate!!!

Fear mongering?

The dude simply showed a video of real people that went through a real problem. How is that fear mongering?
the thumbnail literally says "The wrong plan killed him."

if you go to his YouTube page, a video automatically starts with him saying "What you don't know about your Medicare Insurance plan could be the difference between life and death. Seriously."

The guy is a fear mongering hack. Any agent that feels the need to spew fear like this does not have the customer's best interest at heart. They lack the skill of persuasion, and compensate for it with unnecessarily scaring people into their products.

the thumbnail literally says "The wrong plan killed him."

if you go to his YouTube page, a video automatically starts with him saying "What you don't know about your Medicare Insurance plan could be the difference between life and death. Seriously."

The guy is a fear mongering hack. Any agent that feels the need to spew fear like this does not have the customer's best interest at heart. They lack the skill of persuasion, and compensate for it with unnecessarily scaring people into their products.
And I specifically said the video within the video. Real people. It really happened.

The man's widow testified before Congress.

Everything else is fodder for another post.

Moving the goalposts.

to so many here, having OM means a client can take charge over their health care. Really, that implies they have control over it all.

It doesn't happen. At some point meds play into it. Can't pretend it doesn't and are you really doing your client justice by letting them roll out over $7k per year, when it could be 2k.

Just by insinuating theyll have control over their health care by saying that is based on a false premise to begin with.
How do we not have control over our healthcare? If we aren't happy with a provider, we find another one. My wife and I have used 2 different hospitals and 4 different medical groups. My wife has been through 4 Cardiologists in 3 different medical groups and I've changed Pulmonologists in a different medical group. No referrals needed. My Pulmonologist decided he wanted me to have a 2nd CT Scan in 30 days during an appointment. Took them 5 minutes to find out Medicare would cover it. No waiting for a week for a PA.

I'm Med Supp, but I do offer MA, but I don't recommend it. There's a place for it. I'm not against MA as much as Bob. I have to admit, MAPD's have gotten much better. I'm tempted to try Aetna's because of the RX and the OTC, but the PA and denials scare me. If I could get one of those robot pets, I'd do it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back