Justice Department sues to block $13B UnitedHealth acquisition of Change Healthcare

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

Justice Department sues to block $13B UnitedHealth acquisition of Change Healthcare
bigstock-United-Health-Care-Corporate-H-134608085.jpg

Suit says acquisition would allow healthcare giant to use competitively sensitive claims data of hundreds of millions of Americans to reduce competition and innovation to the detriment of consumers.
Continue reading the Original Article.

I know one of the Change Healthcare founders, and have watched this company grow from a struggling small company with one product to the innovative company they are today.

UHC is the 800 pound gorilla who can do whatever they please. I am not a fan of that company but I also believe Garland is a buffoon who is completely clueless.

One day a drunk is stumbling around town looking to cause trouble. He sees a sign for an insurance convention outside a hotel. He stumbles into the hotel and yells at the top of his lungs "You insurance salesmen are all a bunch of baffoons!".

Just then a man in a suit runs up, grabs him by the shirt, and yells "You take that back you drunk!".

Then the drunk sneers back "You're one of those dirty insurance salesmen, aren't you?"

"No" says the man. "I'm a baffoon, and I absolutely refuse to be associated with insurance salesmen!"

The Courts seem to get these things right usually even if on appeal. But, I hope we're not faced with a lobby from the government's sweetheart; BCBS as AG seems sensitive to powerful lobbies. But, if counsels are skilled UHC s/b just fine regardless.

Back