Keeping Bloodwork/paramed Appointment

I know this is an older posts but I thought I would chime in and hopefully add some value.

I do roughly 125 life insurance policies per year (all requiring med exams) so exams clogging up the system just isn't an option. About six years ago decided to not allow the exam company's examiners to schedule with my clients......its been a great decision and has led to much quicker underwritting.

Whenever life insurance is the issue at hand I always encourage the client to not let the tail wag the dog. I like to use the angle "mr. client although we have some more discussing and fine tuning of just how we want to design your coverage, let's first see if anyone wants your business.....make sense?" I like to call this "window-shopping" for coverage and it gets us right into getting ink on paper and getting the exam completed. I then ask the client what morning in the next 3-8 business days works out for him to see the examiner for 15-20 minutes....then as I'm still sitting with the client I call my assistant (or buzz her if i'm in the office) and have her "find a company that can get it done" at that exact day and time.

So very many times I had examiners chasing clients around for 2-3 weeks and still didn't have an exam scheduled. on top of that examiners countless times called the client and cancelled or rescheduled for a week or two later!!:no:

I appreciated greatly the important role that examiners play in the process of a client obtaining coverage. Let us not forget though that these examiners are essentially working for we the agents. We have many options of who to choose to do our client exams......if they can examine my client next week at 7am great.....if not I'll find someone who can.

We must retain control of the entire sales cycle beginning to end. Our clients depend on us to hold their hand and guide this process along, whether they say/realize it or not.

I agree with agents scheduling the exams if possible. It saves me the time of chasing them, and I confirm the appt. enroute. If they are not sure of their schedule, the agents are at least able to give the best time or day they need to be seen.I see people within 24hrs to one week out when it's scheduled in this manner.If I call and am not getting a response after 3-4 attempts, I'm statusing the agent or his assistant to let them handle it. Usually someone has traveled out of town or they are unable to set an appt. due to their work schedule.I am aware that agents have a choice, which is why Direct Examiners have a working relationship with agents.If I don't do a good job there goes my business and my referrals.We don't receive exams from the carriers like the larger Paramedical Companies.The quicker I complete the exams the quicker we both get paid.

Back