Keys to Working with Female Clients

I can't sew. Seriously. ;)

But I work better with men. Always have. Strong women selling to strong women doesn't work. I do fine in the Medicare market to women, if they are widows. Bob at 80% women doesn't surprise me either. He kind and patient.

How's that for sexist???

Question: WHO CARES? Find your target market that you work well with and sell to it. These kind of articles make me nutty.

Yes it is.

They are going into the rock and roll Hall of Fame, along with NWA.

Seriously?

kgm, thanks for the kind words. I didn't set out to target women. Just happened that way.

Most of my business comes from internet marketing. Women (U65) are the CFO of the family so they are the ones that generally (seem) to do most of the online searching. I do have my share of single women and single mom's.

Mostly by accident.

Since moving away from U65 and into Medicare the same trend continues but most of my XX clients are single (divorced or widow, but mostly divorced). Where there are couples it seems to be evenly mixed with women still doing more of the "shopping" but a fair number of men are also doing the shopping.

One oddity is this.

On occasion I will talk to one person and then discover they have a spouse. When I ask about their coverage I will occasionally get "I don't know what he/she is doing. You will have to ask her/him".

Another thing I have noticed in working with retiree's is that many of the women have a real sense of humor while the men are still more business like. And some of the women are almost flirtatious.

I guess they are lonely for conversation, even if it is just about insurance.

Back