Large IMO for variable life/annuities + medigap?

You are in a whole different world when looking at broker dealers. You are focusing on investments and you have to produce investment money to be any value to them. If you go in there talking about “upfront releases” you will be tossed out the door. That is not in their world. That’s a final expense agent term.

And show me one BIG IMO that gives top commissions on any product for newer agents. You are thinking the opposite direction. I’m a small IMO focusing on one niche within the industry. But unlike any big IMO I post our commission grids that EVERY agent starts at right on our website. No big IMO does that anymore. Do you know why? They will always be at least 10 to 20 or more (often 60) points lower on the commission levels. The big IMOs get big by adding layers and layers of very active middle men recruiters. Small IMOs are more direct. Unless they decide they want to become a big IMO and they follow that same model.

But in your position right now, if investments is your goal. I would talk to some of the big annuity brokerages that work with the type of agents that do variable products. Get names. Then research those names and try to talk to agents that have been with them 5-years or more.
Well, I dont even do my exam until the 19th, so I'm not extremely stuck to going the investment route. I'm eager to learn everything I can, and can dedicate full time into this business. I wonder if your structure would have a place for me? I'm a quick learner and am fully invested.

Well, I dont even do my exam until the 19th, so I'm not extremely stuck to going the investment route. I'm eager to learn everything I can, and can dedicate full time into this business. I wonder if your structure would have a place for me? I'm a quick learner and am fully invested.
I can tell you I was in your exact same position 12-years ago. And after I researched it I chose to not go the investment route. And I’m very glad I did not.

You might be a fit. Read up on us at our website and give me a call if you want to get into Final Expense. It’s a great choice but it’s not for everyone. Getting Started with FE Sales

Some licenses say "Life and Variable Annuities" (like in Florida). If you're studying for your licenses now, I can understand the confusion as a "variable annuity" license is still required in Florida to sell all annuities, even if you don't sell variable annuities.

Back