Lead Discounters

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]You agree not to contact or visit a prospect again, and inform them of the same, if you have not taken an application for insurance during your presentation from the appointment we set for you, or made a firm date and time to return to take such an application.
[/FONT]​

Why would you not be allowed to contact a prospect again if you don't make the sale? Thats wierd. This is on the pre set appoinmtents page.

I have never heard of these people but this is how our pre set appointments are set up. I wonder if this is what my boss is doing now:D

Why would you not be allowed to contact a prospect again if you don't make the sale? Thats wierd. This is on the pre set appoinmtents page.

I have never heard of these people but this is how our pre set appointments are set up. I wonder if this is what my boss is doing now:D

It sounds pretty simple to me. They sell you a lead for $2.00. It is only given to you. You call on the person once. If you don't make a sale you promise never to call the person again. I assume you have to let them know if a sale was generated.

You strike out and don't make the sale, now they can sell that lead to another agent as an exclusive lead because the other agent is now the only one who has that lead.

Two thousand "leads" could make that guy $12,000 to $15,000 or more.

Besides, in my mind, direct mail responses really aren't "leads". They are a name and phone number of someone who was only curious at the time they filled out the card.

Send out 1,000 cards and get 15 back. You'll be extremely lucky if you sell three of them. Buy a list of 1,000 for a third of the money and you will do a whole lot better.

Save every name you get and recycle them at least once every six months. Most of my sales are from referrals or recycled "leads". I very seldom spend any money for new names to call.

Our job description is really mis-named. We don't "sell insurance" we "prospect for insurance". That's where the hard work is. The really successful ones know how to prospect and generate their own leads. Anyone can "sell insurance" if they are put in front of the right people.

Too many agents are looking for an easy way to eliminate the hard work and just go on appointments and make sales. That's now what this business is all about.

You know...you just have to feel sorry for some of these people who just wandered on the net looking for a quick quote.

My wife and I were in Orbitz last week since we're going to Manhattan for our 10th anniversary in November - wanted to see airfare and hotels. Can you imagine.....

Me: "Hello?"
Airtran: "Hi, Mr. Petrowski? This is Airtran and we're calling to go over our prices to New York.
Me: "That's great, but we're just working up prices."

Delta: "Hi Mr. Petrowski! We just saw that you're looking for a flight."
Me: "Yeah....just pricing stuff. Airtran just called"
Delta: "Airtran's a bunch of whores sir. Did you know they crashed in 2001?"

Northwest: "Mr. Petrowski? Nortwest here!"
Me: "Oh for the love of Christ!"
Northwest: "We certainly hope you're not talking to those Airtran and Delta clowns."

Me: "HELLO!!!"
US. Airways: "MR. PETROWSKI! US AIRWAYS HERE!"
Me: "Oh F***! How many calls am I gonna get!!!"
US. Airways: "A lot if you don't just buy a ticket - a ton of you don't. Would you like us to follow up with you every day until November?"

Me: "Jesus Christ...HELLO!"
Sheraton: "Sheraton here - we see you need a hotel"

All due respect, and understand the Thread and Point, But could we have more respect for the Son of Man, than to use his name in such a demeaning way?

Back