Lead Experiment

I was at a call center where they went online, put info out there to get pitched by other agents for training purposes (what not to do). Well, they got called six months later, and told the agent what they did six months ago and the agent was like "we just got it today, as a new lead!"

Love that one, so funny.

I save all of my leads and requote them about 5 months after the initial quote. I figure if they bought insurance from someone else in February than they should be getting their renewal notice in June so that's when they get my new quote. Right now I am only e-mailing the quotes, but after reading some of these posts maybe I will follow up with phone calls.

Just got one that initially visited our site on March 28, 2006. We have far too many in our database to call prospects that are that old, but she responded to an email.

Warning

If you do email drip marketing, make sure that you make it easy for the recipient to get off your list.

If your prospects can't complain to you, they will complain to their service provider. If enough people do that your IP address can be blocked for sending spam. This happened to us and for a time we weren't able to send email to anyone with a Yahoo address.

Just got one that initially visited our site on March 28, 2006. We have far too many in our database to call prospects that are that old, but she responded to an email.

Warning

If you do email drip marketing, make sure that you make it easy for the recipient to get off your list.

If your prospects can't complain to you, they will complain to their service provider. If enough people do that your IP address can be blocked for sending spam. This happened to us and for a time we weren't able to send email to anyone with a Yahoo address.

Good heads up, definitely have an "opt out" just as you would like one.

Latest posts

Back