Lead idea

DHurd

Super Genius
So hear me out. Let's say I had a website, that generated quality leads from people who were actually interested in making a purchase, and just needed an agent to walk them through what was available, and what was the best option for them in their situation.

Let's also say you got these leads for no upfront cost, with the stipulation you would need to fork a percentage of whatever comission you got my way.

Would this be something that is indemand? I find that a big problem with "leads" is that the large majority of them are not actually set on purchasing insurance. I feel like it would be major to actually be talking to people that already knew they wanted to buy. Also, I'm not seeing any lead vendor selling these types of leads. If they did, it would be an enormous price tag, probably like 80 dollars, which the comission fork would solve.

What do you guys think?

So hear me out. Let's say I had a website, that generated quality leads from people who were actually interested in making a purchase, and just needed an agent to walk them through what was available, and what was the best option for them in their situation.

Let's also say you got these leads for no upfront cost, with the stipulation you would need to fork a percentage of whatever comission you got my way.

Would this be something that is indemand? I find that a big problem with "leads" is that the large majority of them are not actually set on purchasing insurance. I feel like it would be major to actually be talking to people that already knew they wanted to buy. Also, I'm not seeing any lead vendor selling these types of leads. If they did, it would be an enormous price tag, probably like 80 dollars, which the comission fork would solve.

What do you guys think?
There are a lot of independent agencies who do exactly what you're describing.

Most of Jeff Root's group started this way. A few of the advisors in the LTC forum do this. I know some annuity guys in this space as well.

They built a website, get organic leads that are high intent and then sell them in some form (whether as the agent, as a split agent where someone else is working the leads, or just selling them).

Contact rates, app out, and placement are extremely high for self-generated leads vs. purchased (in my experience).

Most smart agents, in any market, recognize that content creation is probably the easiest way to generate high intent leads.

The issue is, that it takes a bit of time and a lot of effort to make it work consistently.

It's generally cheap to do, also. However, especially starting out... It's not going to do much for awhile and shouldn't be a primary lead generation system.

I agree with Ray though.. my inbound leads are usually lay-ups.

The reason the "highest intent" leads aren't prevalent in the leads industry is because lead companies can't afford to compete for those people's attention. Because the super high-intent shoppers are pretty much always a sale, advertisers with long-term interest in a new customer can afford to spend much more on clicks, ads, content, etc.

The task of having to make sure agents are being honest about their commissions from sales (you'd have to get paid on renewals too for it to work) is basically impossible when you have thousands of customers, so lead companies will always be pay-per-lead.

There is also the huge problem that telling people they don't have to pay for leads unless they close them is a disaster in terms of incentive when it comes to sales in general.

Which is why I am a control freak about my own lead generation.

I don't care if a lead costs me $100 each, but for every $400 make $1000+, I'm happy.

Back