Lead Manager and Quote Engine

SME

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arizona
I have been using Norvax and have not been very happy with it. Can anyone recommend a different system?

What do you not like about it? There are all kinds of alternatives, all have their good points and bad. I've yet to find a system for leads management that I really like, mostly because at the end of the day, I find out I still have to do the work :)

I'm looking for a good system as well, having something integrated is a really nice feature. Unfortunately, on my P&C business, I haven't found much that quotes and manages leads as an integrated package.

I can get lost in lead management, a good thread of discussion would be helpful. I know some people make only a couple of attempts to close, and then move on, which I can understand. I get a lot of people that call me back months later and want the policy (especially in the P&C world, more so than health).

I'm open to suggestions as well!

Dan

Some type of contact program is vital. There's just no way you're gonna have time to follow up with those 2 month old leads. I use Constant Contact to send out reminder emails and they work. I get at least 3 or 4 deals per month from old leads.

Quoting? I don't want clients running their own quotes. I don't want them looking at the plans of three different companies either. My job is to do a very in-depth pre-screen and needs analysis then recommend a company.

Almost every company I know offers agents their own quote site. It's free.

watch out SME....

itsatrap.jpg

I am not familiar with Norvax nor do I know what your specific "wants" are in a program. However there are a lot of agents successfully managing their leads using the Prospects Data Base in "Your Insurance Office" (YIO). (A lot of P&C agents only use the Prospects Database.)

There is a Demo on the website and it is the full-working version of the program and can be downloaded for free. It may or may not help.

The thing I have found over the last 12 years is that it is almost impossible to design a program that fits every agent's unique requirements.

YIO has a lot of flexibility built into it. If you would like to call we can discuss exactly what you are looking for and there may be a way YIO will work for you.

I don't mean for this to sound like Spam, just didn't know how else to make the suggestion.

The preceding was a "Commercial Message". :biggrin:

John; What questions do you ask when doing "a very in-depth pre-screen and needs analysis" and do you have a cheat sheet with the questions you ask?

... and without a quote engine, do you run quotes from all the companies you are appointed with individually or do you have an alternative way to find the best company for your client?

Al

Each company gives me a sales site where my clients can run quotes - Aetna, GR, Assurant and Blue Cross.

And why do I want my client looking at GR plans if they want maternity? Why do I want a 60 year old smoker looking at Assurant? Isn't that just a waste of time?

Just find out their past health history. That'll be most of the reason you recommend any one carrier over another.

Sold my first group

John
I was curious, do you sell many group plans for small business's? Is it something you concentrate on, get one when you can, or try to stay away from because of the time involved. The group I ran into had a 20 person Dr. office (2 officies) and sold them after about 2 months trying to get all the emplyee info. In general is it worth the time?
Gary

I only get leads from group 9 and under so I really don't deal with them. Plus, I don't get any leads from companies who currently have group coverage. I only deal with people with individual plans or no current coverage. When I do run into a group case I refer it out.

Norvax is an overpriced service with virtually no flexibility. They will only quote the plans the carriers allow them to quote and the default is to preferred rates (for carriers with preferred rating).

The lead miner is very overpriced unless you are buying several hundred leads each month and want an automatic follow up.

I write about a case a month as a result of having the quote engine only http://quickhealthplans.com and allowing folks to poke around and look at plans on their own.

Eventually, most clients end up buying what I recommend, despite what they may have picked out via the quote engine. The engine will show them up to 200 plans (out of 1800 or so possibilities) which is enough to make them feel they are "shopping" the market.

As is the case 80%+ of the time, the rates quoted mean nothing until the underwriting adjustments have been applied.

That is where I come in.

If there were a better service for less money I would use it. There are lower priced engines, and some with a better format. But they are limited in the number of carriers they offer. Quotit is one that I would jump on in a heartbeat if they ever got anywhere near the number of carriers & plans available from Norvax.

Back