Douglas Perry

Many states have their own restrictions when it comes to Short Term Health, and since my team serves the Delmarva Peninsula, we encounter many questions between states and their rules regarding enrollment. For example, Delaware only allows one 3 month period of STH enrollment in a calendar year. In Maryland, STH can be enrolled multiple times for a period of no longer than 3 months, and it is non-renewable, and Virginia has it's own rules, etc.

However, I encountered a carrier for STH in Maryland that is listing that there must be a 63 day window between STH plans in Maryland. This is supposedly according to HB1782, but the carrier will not provide the information to confirm. Further, I can not locate this in an online search of that legislation indicating that proposed 63 day gap anywhere.

Has anyone encountered this in their travels? Can you please help provide proof to either support or refute the carrier's claim? I just want to be informed and compliant whatever the final answer may be, but at present, I am of the mind that this is a carrier preference for enrollment, not a legal restriction in MD.

Back