Legislative Invitation

timsip said:
It is against federal rules to have only licensed insurance producers as navigators, but these two areas show a serious conflict of direction.

And your suprised that this abortion contradicts itself in the law....Since when does that stop politicians. Clearly the intent was to stop so called navigator agencies being 100% insurance agencies as we insurance producers are bad.

You see that is the problem, in the above, it states that a navigator can enroll consumers in a qualified health benefit plan, then if you look at #2, it states "An entity selected and licensed as a navigator shall not engage in any activities that require licensure as an insurance producer under chapter 522B unless the entity is also licensed as an insurance producer." It is against federal rules to have only licensed insurance producers as navigators, but these two areas show a serious conflict of direction.

c. Facilitate enrollment, in qualified health benefit plans offered through the marketplace or in health benefit plans offered outside the marketplace, by referring consumers to insurance producers and to the marketplace internet site for enrollment

I read it differently. "Facilitate" does NOT equal advice, nor the act of actually signing someone up. I put commas in the statement above to make it more clear. It sounds like to me that Nav's will have to refer to a producer if they engage in an act that only a producer is licensed to do.

Back