Let's Lobby CSG - this feature needs to happen.

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Many of us here use CSG daily.... hourly.

I sent them a feature request last year, was told "maybe..."

I think it's time for it to happen, and if the forum agrees, then let's collectively push them a bit - send them an e-mail - ring their phone - and maybe we can get it to happen.

We need dual quoting. Real dual quoting...

We need to be able to put in two clients at once with each client's unique variables (except zip code I guess - which would be the same).

i.e., John Smith, zip, 72, Male, Non-Tobacco, G,
Mary Smith, zip, 67, Female, Tobacco, N (or G or whatever).

Then we could toggle (quickly) the HH discount feature on and off - get the total faster for "with discount" or "separate policies," etc.

I know it doesn't save us a lot of time - but it would save us some time.

The reality it, I hate running dual quotes on their system - there needs to be an easier way (and there is - they just need to build it).

If you agree - call them at 855-861-8776 or log in to your CSG portal and send them a message. If we all do it, maybe they can take some of the subscription money and get a developer (or more developers) on it quickly.

Many of us here use CSG daily.... hourly.

I sent them a feature request last year, was told "maybe..."

I think it's time for it to happen, and if the forum agrees, then let's collectively push them a bit - send them an e-mail - ring their phone - and maybe we can get it to happen.

We need dual quoting. Real dual quoting...

We need to be able to put in two clients at once with each client's unique variables (except zip code I guess - which would be the same).

i.e., John Smith, zip, 72, Male, Non-Tobacco, G,
Mary Smith, zip, 67, Female, Tobacco, N (or G or whatever).

Then we could toggle (quickly) the HH discount feature on and off - get the total faster for "with discount" or "separate policies," etc.

I know it doesn't save us a lot of time - but it would save us some time.

The reality it, I hate running dual quotes on their system - there needs to be an easier way (and there is - they just need to build it).

If you agree - call them at 855-861-8776 or log in to your CSG portal and send them a message. If we all do it, maybe they can take some of the subscription money and get a developer (or more developers) on it quickly.

I might be a little "floaty" right now, but the only way I can see that saving time is if the husband and wife go with the same company.

I might be a little "floaty" right now, but the only way I can see that saving time is if the husband and wife go with the same company.

In my head, it's a much more efficient system.

It would have a little field off to the side that automatically added the two lowest combined premiums... and another little box where it showed "lowest with same company - including discount," etc.

Or, maybe a way to "select two for total" rather than automatically adding (I think that's better than ^).

Everything would be right there on one screen - maybe two columns?

I don't know, but in my head, it's better. No need to toggle between two tabs to run two quotes (or worse, close one quote out to run the spouse).

They have the data to do it - they just would need to do the programming and design the interface.

I would just be happy if the tool reminded me of the criteria for household discount...how hard would it be to just include a note that either said something like "another body in the house" versus "Spouse must also be on the same plan". Saves me remembering who does what every time. There can't be that many combinations of options where it could not be set up as some form of code.

Back