Limited benefit health plans - Mini-Med's

How far are you from Pigeon Forge?

Just got back from Dollywood and SplashCountry where I bring my boy and his friends during summer. It is about a 40 minute drive with traffic and all, not far at all. Used to live in Pigeon Forge while operating businesses in Gatlinburg some 12 years ago.

About 35 miles on 321 via Townsend . . .

Beautiful drive.

Not sure the low wage earner grasps the concept of the HSA. Most of the folks I have talked with earning less than $35k blanch at the thought of a $3000+ deductible . . .especially with no copays.

My co-blogger has an interesting take on mini-meds here.

Some do some don't I imagine, not like they are all ignorant or stupid.:D

Beautiful drive.

Of course there is a faster way! Esp. this time of year, seems like a bunch of Out Of Staters come around here and clog up that road. Yet another drowning victim at the "Sinks" the other day. At least this one accidently fell in instead of jumping in like so many go swimming there, just isn't a good place to swim. If I'm going to and from such as today to pick up the boys I'm not taking 321!

Yet though the drive is great if they you follow 321 then head to Cherokee and take the Blue Ridge Parkway! Now that is a beautiful drive all the way as far as want to go.

Beautiful drive.

Not sure the low wage earner grasps the concept of the HSA. Most of the folks I have talked with earning less than $35k blanch at the thought of a $3000+ deductible . . .especially with no copays.

My co-blogger has an interesting take on mini-meds here.

I spent a few weeks running leads in Townsend, TN a couple of years ago. Thar is some real ol'fashond folks up in them hills! Salt of the Earth people.

That's beautiful country and that side is not comercialized at all like Pigeon Forge.

I spent a few weeks running leads in Townsend, TN a couple of years ago. Thar is some real ol'fashond folks up in them hills! Salt of the Earth people.

That's beautiful country and that side is not comercialized at all like Pigeon Forge.

Maybe so but running leads in Pigeon Forge (Sevier County) is much more profitable! At least in my expierence.

Maybe so but running leads in Pigeon Forge (Sevier County) is much more profitable! At least in my expierence.

Yes, I've spent lots of time running them in Pigeon Forge too. All over Tennessee actually. I was a sales trainer for a few years.

It's amazing how nice of a hotel room you can get in Pigeon Forge in the off season. I was checking in the Music Row Inn one night and the lobby looked real nice and they said the room would be $59.00! I said "I better look at it before I sign anything because I was staying all week and I hate dumps.

The room was fantastic! Has a gas log fireplace, great bed, marble bathroom, covered balcony with a view of beautiful mountains. I couldn't believe it.

Plus you can get a happy ending if you get the executive suite courtesy of the Dixie Stampede. :D

Dixie Stampede, you know as many years as I've been here never had the desire to go? Also the one Dolly has in Mrytle Beach, just never have been.

Back