Linkedin for Business Purposes

I think having it, is better than not. One of my life insurance friends from college saw on linkedin that i did p&c and referred some big clients over to me.

I also run a Linkedin group and it's doing quite well. If your goal is to get agents for any product or service you're offering, I'd suggest creating a unique group that offers value, then make sure it doesn't turn into a carnival of spam.

As a group owner, you can send email blasts out to all group members. It's very valuable as long as you don't abuse it and absolutely a great way to get agents. The owner of a certain lead company who has posted her before runs a group of over 14,000 agents. Not bad.

Like anything else, keywords count. Watch what you name your group to make sure it shows up in a group search based on certain keywords you want to target.

Like most social media, or anything in life for that matter, you'll get out of it whatever you put into it. Sign up for a LinkedIn account and let it sit there then guess what? It will sit there and do absolutely nothing.
Provide relevant content about yourself, recommend people that deserve it, interact with others in various groups and you just might get some business out of it. I am working with several producers that I "met" through LinkedIn.
And just like Mark, send me an invite and I'll be sure to accept.

My LinkedIn

It is free to create a linkedin account. Everyone should have one. I know of tons of insurance agents getting great value from linkedin. I was on linkedin for years, before I figure out how to turn it into more business.

It is all about connections.

Feel free to add me [email protected]

There is a lot of value on the different groups once you get past all the IMO's trying to solicit. Lots of good topics and are able to make personal contact with professionals all around the world....so block out all the garbage offers and you will most likely enjoy it

I have found that in the right groups within LinkedIN you can find value. I only network with other professionals, not individuals on there.

Back