LIS Eligible Still Having to Pay a Premium

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
I thought it was a fluke the first couple of times, but now I know I've seen at least half a dozen or more clients that due to formulary issues are having to take a pdp that is way outside the benchmark plan level. Just enrolled another in Humana Enhanced, $22.50/mo subsidized premium so she can get Xalrelto. Her current plan is non-formulary for that medication.

I thought it was a fluke the first couple of times, but now I know I've seen at least half a dozen or more clients that due to formulary issues are having to take a pdp that is way outside the benchmark plan level. Just enrolled another in Humana Enhanced, $22.50/mo subsidized premium so she can get Xalrelto. Her current plan is non-formulary for that medication.

Use to see this often a few years back when generic Xanax and Valium weren't in the PDP universe of covered meds so full LIS folks would enroll in enhanced PDP plans that covered it as a bonus drug and were happy to pay the extra premium .

Recently I have notice in Fl. that the some of carriers with a benchmark PDP that also have MA plans will have a better formulary on their MA plan compared to their benchmark PDP plans.i.e AARP Saver Rx vs. UHC DSNP formulary. Hummm... I wonder what the motive is there?

I think in the history of part D, 2015 is the dog turd year. This thing stinks. I can't believe we still don't have Medicare assignment for part D yet. What a rip off of the seniors.

I think in the history of part D, 2015 is the dog turd year. This thing stinks. I can't believe we still don't have Medicare assignment for part D yet. What a rip off of the seniors.

Hey, G-Man, I can usually understand your posts, but this one got me. I must be having a senior moment.

What is meant by "Medicare assignment for Part D?" :1confused:

The price that seniors are charged "retail" for their meds is NOT controlled by Medicare. It is at the whim of biG pharma and their greed. Some drugs have seen a 100% increase since part D has been in effect.

The price that seniors are charged "retail" for their meds is NOT controlled by Medicare. It is at the whim of biG pharma and their greed. Some drugs have seen a 100% increase since part D has been in effect.

So... you want more govt price control?

I see no problem with letting medications be "assigned" a price by Medicare like any other medical treatment.

Pretty amazing that when you make all this money available (Part D) to pay for medication that the price would go up. Almost like subsidizing health insurance.

Pretty basic economics lost on every liberals and almost every conservative as well.

Rick

Pretty amazing that when you make all this money available (Part D) to pay for medication that the price would go up. Almost like subsidizing health insurance. Pretty basic economics lost on every liberals and almost every conservative as well. Rick
Just like the cost of college education. The more money pumped into it by govt, the higher the costs. Can't wait to see what the cost of community college goes up to once it's "free."

Back