List of non-recognition insurance companies?

Macker77

Expert
I am looking for an all inclusive list of life companies that are non-RECOGNITION. Does anyone know where I can get this at? TIA

I am looking for an all inclusive list of life companies that are non-RECOGNITION. Does anyone know where I can get this at? TIA

OK, I'll play if no one else will.

Are you implying that one is better than the other?

Since it only applies to dividend paying policies and almost no, if any, FE policies are participating it's really a moot point in the FE arena.

I am referring to whole life.

I know you were. But not all whole life is dividend paying so the recognition doesn't matter if there are no dividends. I don't know of a dividend paying FE policy.

It sems you don't understand the concept that you asking about. Nor the place.

But as Chris said, "who cares?":1wink:

I dont recognize a ton of companies. But how will I know if my list is all inclusive because I dont think I would recognize some that are non-recognized if I wasnt aware of them to know if my list was all-inclusive.

Are you actually asking which carriers dividends are direct-recognition & which are non-direct recognition for loan balances? All of them recognize loans to some extent, otherwise, how would they ever keep track of the outstanding loan balances?

It is actually possible to have a direct recognition carrier perform better & a non-direct recognition carrier perform worse. 1 is not automatically better than the other as there are several other equations in the sausage making of the policy & performance.

here is a good link that discusses this: Direct Recognition vs. Non-Direct Recognition: Does it Matter? (themoneyadvantage.com)

Alan,
That was a good link.Thans
One thing that was a bit misleading: If you read the article it says that direct rec companies offer 2 dividend crediting rates, loaned and non loaned...100% correct.
It then goes on to say that your dividend on loaned money may be less than unloaned.
While this is correct , it really is out of touch.
Direct rec companies have been crediting a HIGHER dividend on loaned monies.
While in the big picture...it does not matter.

Back