Livestock Insurance in WA??

Denise509

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi guys,

I didn't know where else to post this, so I posted it here....:goofy:
Anyway...today I had a client come in and ask if I sell any type of insurance that will cover his horse (theft, injury, car accident if he's taking the horse somewhere and what not). This is a very expensive racing horse (according to him it cost 15k) . What companies (if any) offer this kind of coverage in WA state? Any help would be greatly appreciated :1wink:

Hi guys,

I didn't know where else to post this, so I posted it here....:goofy:
Anyway...today I had a client come in and ask if I sell any type of insurance that will cover his horse (theft, injury, car accident if he's taking the horse somewhere and what not). This is a very expensive racing horse (according to him it cost 15k) . What companies (if any) offer this kind of coverage in WA state? Any help would be greatly appreciated :1wink:

There is a magazine about insurance selling and a few months ago they did an article on 2 people that sold insurance in the horse community so I know that some sort of insurance exists. I will see if I can track down the article.

I don't know the insurance carriers that offer this, but I have a friend who specializes in it in Eastern WA. Email or PM me for her contact info, maybe you can set something up through her.

Denise - I tried to Private Message you but the forum won't let me as I don't have enough posts. I do write Equine Mortality/Theft coverage and am based in Washington (do business throughout the entire state). Would be happy to help your client out with this line of coverage.

Thanks,
Shannon
First Choice Insurance Services
www . fcins . biz

Shannon I'll talk to the client and let him know that I found someone to insure his horse! If he wants to move forward I'll send you his info via your website. :)

Back