Long Term Care Update for February 2014 - News You Can Use – Let’s Get Down to Business

Jack,
Just curious.....

I'm not sure how much Genworth business you do, but can you tell me the approximate % of your applicants that qualified for PCF2 at better than Standard health rates?

And, as far as you know, is the criteria for Standard on PCF2 exactly the same as Standard with PCF?

Well, I'm not Jack... But BMI now comes into play and that impacts rate class. That wasn't the case with FLEX1.

I am looking forward to not gathering this info in the future.

Speed is definitely a plus. Just make sure you're aware of the entire medical history. I found going through each question on the medical and having the client give me doctor's info might "jar" their memory a bit.

"You told me you had no medical issues. How come you went to see an orthopedic surgeon?"

"Oh yeah...I forgot to mention my hip replacement.".

:idea:

I am looking forward to not gathering this info in the future.

If you use the LTC Quick Request, CALTCAgent, you don't have to collect physician information and the only health questions are the "knock out" questions.

Although this thread on "Family History" is 6 months old, based on the Agent's Bulletin of 08/18/14, I thought it would be appropriate to revisit.....

previously posted by ltcadviser

It simply means that family history might trigger an underwriter to order medical records to view slightly more closely but the UW is still completely underwriting the applicant on the basis of their medical records. Does not change the offer whatsoever. Everyone still gets the health class their health deserves.

From a company underwriter:
"The only time we would investigate in regard to family history is when both parents have a history of dementia. For ages 18-59 we would do a phone EMST(cognitive assessment). Age 60+ we always get a functional/cognitive assessment done because of age. We don’t routinely order APSs if both parents have diabetes or CAD".

Back