Looking for Input on Script

Zemo14,

I have to admit - I've never been that comfortable in using "questioning" as part of a prospecting campaign, contrary to what IPS teaches. To *me*, it feels like interrogating or "you HAVE done this, right?" It's never felt comfortable to me. I'm sure it's just in my mind.

Then again, I just looked at your questions again... and they're ALL "yes/no" questions. I like your beginning because it's simple and it's welcoming. It's what you're doing afterwards that could use some help.

Let me give you some ideas to transition the conversation:
Event: I'd recommend just inviting them to a workshop to learn more about the kind of work you do. This is more of an event and a better way to connect with you. IPS has good resources for this.

Information Booklet: You can send out an information booklet as a way to introduce yourself and the kind of work you do. Then you can follow up to see if they have any questions.

VSA Priority Planning Review: You can invite them to your office for a 15-minute priority planning review. Don't send it or email it. Just have them come in for a QUICK meeting. The questions tell them the work you do and their answers will tell you both whether or not they could use your help.

http://fsonline.com/Simpler_Way.pdf

Just ask for the appointment: This question is from IPS's Advisor's Guide to Found Money Management:

“If I could show you how to...
- reduce or eliminate your debts,
- fund your children’s education,
- get all the life insurance you need to protect your family,
- and have the retirement of your dreams,
- without you taking additional money out of your pocket or sacrificing your life style,
... would it be worth sitting down and talking about?”

If your professional introduction is full of VALUE in solving THEIR problems (not product or a 'to-do' list)... I think more people would be far more receptive to that kind of message.

Last edited:
Back