looking for standalone policy on utility trailer

ShannonO

Expert
I have a non profit group that is purchasing a utility trailer to store & transport their stuff to their events. Trailer will be stored on the premises of one the club members, but the trailer is titled to the club. The club does have a GL policy but that policy does not allow the endorsement of any kind of property or vehicles. The club does not own any motor vehicles. So I'm looking for just a policy on the trailer. Anyone know of anything?

Organizations without owned autos still need hired and nonowned auto coverage. The best, though not likely cost effective way, is usually with a business auto policy (BAP). I’m told markets are limited for BAPs covering owned trailers without owned motor vehicles. In one case, a business bought a barely functional old beater in order to trigger eligibility for a BAP really being used to insure 3 trailers normally pulled by personal autos.

hello, I was wondering what you ended up doing about getting coverage for the trailer? I know it has been a couple years, but I am in the same exact situation! thanks @ShannonO

Back