Looking to start independent agency

No one will give you leads. I have never bought a lead since I’ve been here. All referral based
What was your buy in fee? A range is fine if you don't want to give specifics. Also, do they really do all the servicing and is it quality service?? I've heard of some models that end up not working out.

What was your buy in fee? A range is fine if you don't want to give specifics. Also, do they really do all the servicing and is it quality service?? I've heard of some models that end up not working out.

You still haven’t replied to me. What’s up.

The franchise fee varies from state to state depending on if you’re in a new state or not. I came In a few years back.

My retention is in the 90% area. Service is great if you utilize your hem like they’re supposed to be used. If you expect them to do something they’re not supposed to do youll be disappointed. Not saying they won’t, but a lot of them are smart enough to think outside the box.

The franchise fee varies from state to state depending on if you’re in a new state or not. I came In a few years back.

My retention is in the 90% area. Service is great if you utilize your hem like they’re supposed to be used. If you expect them to do something they’re not supposed to do youll be disappointed. Not saying they won’t, but a lot of them are smart enough to think outside the box.
So does the service department handle Payment calls, renewal calls, adding vehicles, that kind of stuff? Do they get calls directly or do you have to transfer the customer to them?

It is good to hear that there are very successful franchisees, but I don't think TXAgent1's experience is typical.

If TXAgent1 is writing $150K/month that is $1.8M annualized, which in TX would probably be around $560K in commissions and fees. His split would be 80% or about $445K. Assuming he had a book of $1.8M, 85% renewal would mean about $475K in commissions and fees with a 50% trailer for $237K. Total income would be just over $700K.

I would say that TXAgent1's experience is an outlier. Building a business that quickly is extremely difficult. He must be a top producing Goosehead franchise.

It is good to hear that there are very successful franchisees, but I don't think TXAgent1's experience is typical.

If TXAgent1 is writing $150K/month that is $1.8M annualized, which in TX would probably be around $560K in commissions and fees. His split would be 80% or about $445K. Assuming he had a book of $1.8M, 85% renewal would mean about $475K in commissions and fees with a 50% trailer for $237K. Total income would be just over $700K.

I would say that TXAgent1's experience is an outlier. Building a business that quickly is extremely difficult. He must be a top producing Goosehead franchise.

Our service team handles payments. It’s an agent’s responsibility to handle the first payment. After that, they do the rest. Except for the mortgage check. I’ve never had money mailed to my office once.

I am a top producer and realize I said that if you dedicate yourself and come in as a sponge you’ll do well. I’m a different animal because I totally gave everything I had to get where I am. Work the system. And you’ll be successful.

Back