Lost Customer

Some insureds are always going to have the, "what have you done for me lately" attitude.
In my 30+ years, I've lost thousands of insureds for a variety of reasons.
The past is the past.
Get over this insured and move on.

I am reading a lot of responses that others have been saying to me.

There is a lot to this but the reality is he for sure only left on price. Service was great...he had a claim that went very well, I spoke to him often and wined and dined. My coverage was without a doubt more inline with what he needs. It was simply price. I have no doubt next year if I save him $4,000 he will come back. But honestly I dont think I want that. If he wants to move like this then we will be friends and I will just replace him 10 fold.

There is a lot to this but the reality is he for sure only left on price. Service was great...he had a claim that went very well, I spoke to him often and wined and dined. My coverage was without a doubt more inline with what he needs. It was simply price. I have no doubt next year if I save him $4,000 he will come back. But honestly I dont think I want that. If he wants to move like this then we will be friends and I will just replace him 10 fold.

there ya go, if he left once, he will leave again, but that is a nice commission to have!

Bro, you didn't necessarily do anything wrong. Your service could have been outstanding...a "head turning price jumper" is just that.

You keep pushing forward you'll be fine. Just because a guy is a friend doesn't mean.... you really know how he treats business relationships, he can still be a bud and act stupid to waitstaff for example.

I've known people, I'm great with personally but I don't agree with how they handle other parts of their lives....you may just have found out how your buddy roles in this "aspect" of his life, you value it more than, he.

No big deal, lesson learned...if he wants to come back just tell him you'd rather stay friends (if that's true)

Think about it like this if a guy marries a wonderful women, that stands by him, does everything a wife should do but he likes jump skirts...what can she do?
He's a skirts-jumper....is she going to cook and clean her way out of that...NO... she found out later that's part of who he is.

Your buddy's a price-hopper, you can talk about why he should come home and why it's better the stay with the family but he saw a big butt and ran with it nothing you can do.;)

My take on this today...
People are scumbags...get the commission when you can...let the Life/Health Insurance Company deal with the "service" aspect. F them!

Okay..I feel better..
I was being sarcastic!!!!

Back