MA drug plans vs PDP

Must be nice! What’s the premium for T65 NS female Plan G and N?

Lowest in my zip code is Continental (Aetna) for $76 (Plan N) and Assured Life Association (Wow, blast from the past....) for $90 (Plan G).

That's a few dollars less than Ohio on N and about $10 less than Ohio on G. Hm. Might need to find a new job - lower premiums = lower commission :D - that $2 per month adds up...

Lowest in my zip code is Continental (Aetna) for $76 (Plan N) and Assured Life Association (Wow, blast from the past....) for $90 (Plan G).

That's a few dollars less than Ohio on N and about $10 less than Ohio on G. Hm. Might need to find a new job - lower premiums = lower commission :D - that $2 per month adds up...

I guess if there’s any positive in FL it’s the high premium. But it’s only nice if you do humana. Were it’s most of the time the lowest premium.
Roughly a $170 Plan G at 20% isn’t too shabby.

But you have a lot lower COL!

Where I'm at, it really is case by case. MAPD tends to be better on drug coverage, but not always and typically not by much. The thing in my area is that the vast majority of people have no retirement other than Social Security, so the MAPD is often where they gravitate even though I prefer the supplement/PDP combo.

Where I'm at, it really is case by case. MAPD tends to be better on drug coverage, but not always and typically not by much. The thing in my area is that the vast majority of people have no retirement other than Social Security, so the MAPD is often where they gravitate even though I prefer the supplement/PDP combo.

I like your philosophy and were I actually selling Medigap plans, I would hope I could find an agent such as yourself to send the MAPD plans to.

It's a common ploy with this one. Can't answer the question asked so criticizes the OP for not asking the right question. It's as predictable as it is irritating.

Basically this is just another incarnation of the perennial topic or question, which is better MAPD or Medigap/PDP. The facts of the situation determine what is the best plan.

Basically this is just another incarnation of the perennial topic or question, which is better MAPD or Medigap/PDP. The facts of the situation determine what is the best plan.

No, it wasn't. It was asking, specifically, if MAPD's tend to offer a better Part D aspect than Stand-Alone Part D Plans do.

It was actually a good question, one that is not asked (or factored) often enough.

I've had many, many people who were considering a Supplement, then saw the spread on the MAPD and the PDP, factored premium savings of the HMO ($0 Premium HMO's) of over $1,300 yr, and saved more than their Max OOP in premium + rx cost alone.

Had I not checked, and just sold the supp + PDP, I would have done a dis-service, costing the client the equivalent of the MAPD's max OOP +++. Likely, those clients will not hit their max OOP, and if they do, big deal. They still come out ahead.

In other words, your post is inaccurate, and this was a good question and worthy of an agent's attention.

No, it wasn't. It was asking, specifically, if MAPD's tend to offer a better Part D aspect than Stand-Alone Part D Plans do.

It was actually a good question, one that is not asked (or factored) often enough.

I've had many, many people who were considering a Supplement, then saw the spread on the MAPD and the PDP, factored premium savings of the HMO ($0 Premium HMO's) of over $1,300 yr, and saved more than their Max OOP in premium + rx cost alone.

Had I not checked, and just sold the supp + PDP, I would have done a dis-service, costing the client the equivalent of the MAPD's max OOP +++. Likely, those clients will not hit their max OOP, and if they do, big deal. They still come out ahead.

In other words, your post is inaccurate, and this was a good question and worthy of an agent's attention.

However, 2 other agents in the thread indicate they don't feel like there is much difference between the two types of plans for drug coverage. And, in other threads, agents have cited experiences directly opposite the experience you cite immediately above, where MAPD agents have significantly misled folks as to the drug coverage available in the MAPD plan.

So taken as a community, the agent experience is all over the map.

Which puts it back to: the "correct" plan depends on the coverage available in the beneficiary's zip and the specific needs of the beneficiary.

However, 2 other agents in the thread indicate they don't feel like there is much difference between the two types of plans for drug coverage. And, in other threads, agents have cited experiences directly opposite the experience you cite immediately above, where MAPD agents have significantly misled folks as to the drug coverage available in the MAPD plan.

So taken as a community, the agent experience is all over the map.

Which puts it back to: the "correct" plan depends on the coverage available in the beneficiary's zip and the specific needs of the beneficiary.

Wrong again. Thanks again for playing, you're persistent.

Sam, what parting gifts do we have today for Mr. LD?

Back