MA HMO or PPO??

Thanks... I really am having a hard time ,aking up my mind to switch. Counting my PDP I am paying $4450 for my Med Supp. Wish we had a birthday rule in TN. I like choosing any provider I want to use, with no prior authorizations or referral requirements.
You can try a MAPD, then switch back during your Trial Right period and get any Med Supp GI. I was planning on doing that this year, but I went in the hospital right before the end of AEP last year and chickened out. I'll do it this year and cut my Med Supp premium in half.

I'm at $3,708 for Med Supp, PDP and DVH.

Trial rights in almost every state I’ve seen you have to go back to the exact same plan you left . Rouse what county are you in Tn?In Ga Humana just came out with a $2900 moop . I’ll see if one’s coming there . It’s a ppo and $0 copays at all drs .

hot taek city up in here

nobody knows you, OP

& nobody asked about you (kgmom almost asked you if you might need a drink, too, so points for that)

but everybody's eager to sort out plans for you from the jump, regardless

hmm......
Nobody knows me/ :laugh:

Trial rights in almost every state I’ve seen you have to go back to the exact same plan you left . Rouse what county are you in Tn?In Ga Humana just came out with a $2900 moop . I’ll see if one’s coming there . It’s a ppo and $0 copays at all drs .
McMinn

Yes, but Louis and I are both in a closed block of Med Supps, so we can take our pick.

Yes, but Louis and I are both in a closed block of Med Supps, so we can take our pick.

Closed block ? You mean the company still administers the plan but no longer sells med sup ? So what about when Moo plays their shell game and segregates their blocks . Is that considered a closed block ?

Thanks... I really am having a hard time ,aking up my mind to switch. Counting my PDP I am paying $4450 for my Med Supp. Wish we had a birthday rule in TN. I like choosing any provider I want to use, with no prior authorizations or referral requirements.

This is just a thought, others might be able to pitch in and help...
Is it possible that you could go to MAPD and then change your mind and get a GI MedSupp under the trial period. Does your current MedSupp still issue new business. All just a thought to help.
Take Care

Closed block ? You mean the company still administers the plan but no longer sells med sup ? So what about when Moo plays their shell game and segregates their blocks . Is that considered a closed block ?
Yes, I have LBL and Louis has Equitable. They no longer issue new Med Supps.

I'm sure that holds true for MOFO, as they keep closing blocks.

Back