MA- Med supp switchback period

If this was your first enrollment into a MA or MAPD plan, you can go back to your supplement within 12 months of the effective date underwriting free. This does not guarantee they will get the same rate from when they left, but they can get it back.

With Part D, if it was a MAPD, they can use a SEP to re-enroll in a stand alone part D plan with in 63 days of leaving the MAPD.

This is the info that I have got. So far, I have not had to mess with it.
I'm seeing a client on Saturday to do just that. She enrolled in an HMO with me (although I did recommend against it) and has decided that it sucks.

The "good" news is that until she went to the MAPD plan she was not my client. Now I'll put her into a supp and a PDP. She thinks I'm "swell."

Rick

Nothing personal, Rick, but from some of the comments I have seen on this board regarding your personality, I believe that makes three people who think you are "swell." Those three are you, your wife, and the aforementioned client!:eek:

Nothing personal, Rick, but from some of the comments I have seen on this board regarding your personality, I believe that makes three people who think you are "swell." Those three are you, your wife, and the aforementioned client!:eek:
How dare you! My wife would never think such a thing about me.

Rick

If this was your first enrollment into a MA or MAPD plan, you can go back to your supplement within 12 months of the effective date underwriting free. This does not guarantee they will get the same rate from when they left, but they can get it back.

With Part D, if it was a MAPD, they can use a SEP to re-enroll in a stand alone part D plan with in 63 days of leaving the MAPD.

This is the info that I have got. So far, I have not had to mess with it.

Can a person in the 12 month trial period go all the way back to original medicare or do they just have the right to return to a supp if they had one.

Thanks

Winter

Back