MA vs Supps

John,
MA and MAPD plans vary greatly by geographic area and that Bravo plan doesn't look so good to me. Go to Medicare.gov - The Official U.S. Government Site for People with Medicare scroll down to search tools and click on compare health plans to see all the options available to folks in your parent's county. Remember though plans will be changing for 2008 and I wouldn't recommend they make any change until the new open enrollment beginning Nov 15.
-Bill

PS to everyone. Watch for the new Medicare Medical Savings Account programs in 2008. I think they are going to make a lot of sense for many.

Went to that site and was looking at the comparison of medicare advantage plans. Was looking at the column "annual estimated cost" or whatever it is called. That includes part B payments, medicare advantage premiums if any, and then estimated out of pocked on top if any. Is that correct or no?

Winter

From what I understand, they take the average claims and divide them per person. Then they apply the co-pays for the selected plan and calculate the amount per year.

I would assume that it factors in the cost of Part B, since in excellent health the average yearly amount for a $0 premium PPO is $2500. Part B annually costs $1122. So, that is $1378 in co-pays.

Or, they are averaging out the amount of claims per the 5 year age block you are choosing.

What I am really trying to say is I have no idea.

Back