man has two homes one in maine and one in sc has advantage plan wants to get a GI supplement?

Chris F Dewey

I have a gentlemen who is 67. He was put on a UHC advantage plan when he turned 65 even though he is sick as hell with parkinsons, broken bones, heart issues. The agent told him he would save alot more money with a UHC advantage plan and now he is getting everything denied or prior auths that are damn near killing him. I want to help him. He lives in maine 6 months and in SC the other six months. Could he “move’ to maine during AEP, then enroll in a maine advantage plan up there, then change his mind and move back to SC on January 1st and use his Guanteed Issue Right to get a SC plan G?

I have a gentlemen who is 67. He was put on a UHC advantage plan when he turned 65 even though he is sick as hell with parkinsons, broken bones, heart issues. The agent told him he would save alot more money with a UHC advantage plan and now he is getting everything denied or prior auths that are damn near killing him. I want to help him. He lives in maine 6 months and in SC the other six months. Could he “move’ to maine during AEP, then enroll in a maine advantage plan up there, then change his mind and move back to SC on January 1st and use his Guanteed Issue Right to get a SC plan G?

Caveat, NOT an agent.

One question that may affect the answers you get would be,
Where does he get his social security check?

I suppose you can do this but you're basically committing fraud, are you willing to risk your appointment?

I saw the title on the forum home page "man has two homes one in maine and one in sc" and thought "oh neat, a joke!"

A guy walks into a bar and orders 12 shots. Before the bartender even returns with the check, the man has slammed back half of them and shows no signs of slowing down. As the guy finishes his final shot, the bartender asks, "Why are you drinking so fast?"

The guy wipes his mouth and replies, "You would be drinking fast, too, if you had what I had."

The bartender asks, "What do you have?"

The guy says, "75 cents,” and runs out the door.

Lasso MSA is an option in SC if that's his residence and that plan will also provide coverage while he's in Maine. Not ideal, but probably an improvement on his current plan. Who knows, maybe his current providers could be persuaded to take Lasso--especially if they know there's no prior authorization requirement.

Enrollment would have to be during AEP--can't enroll mid-year unless T65.

Lasso MSA is an option in SC if that's his residence and that plan will also provide coverage while he's in Maine. Not ideal, but probably an improvement on his current plan. Who knows, maybe his current providers could be persuaded to take Lasso--especially if they know there's no prior authorization requirement.

Caveat, not an agent.

It has been awhile since I looked at Lasso details, but I think a caveat for that action would be that the MSA plan does not - may not- allow the same kinds of changes that MAPD and other MA plans allow. I think careful reading on the Lasso site would be in order before that coverage is taken.

I wouldn't recommend Lasso, as someone posted that they're pulling out.

Back