Mapd or supplement when medicaid planning?

keith365

Super Genius
I had a referral call me today, regarding medicaid planning for his father. I suggested that he speak with an estate planning attorney, but also found out that his father recently moved, and may qualify for GI into a supplement. When attempting to qualify for Medicaid, I know that some income and assets are counted, and others are not, and I started to think that the type of health insurance his father chose, might affect his ability to qualify for Medicaid, because he'd either be paying a premium (for a supplement), or not (with an advantage plan). If he pays a premium for the supplement, would that benefit him regarding qualifying for Medicaid? Or would it decrease his chances of qualifying for some reason? What about qualifying for medicaid with an advantage plan? Is that any easier? Thanks!

This prospect doesn't currently have any form of medicaid, so he won't qualify for a dsnp. If and when he does qualify, yes, I'll sign him up for a dsnp. My question was about which type of plan would be better when attempting to qualify for medicaid.

Back