MAPD TRIAL RIGHT IN ACTION

Brian Sarkisian

I have a number of individuals that are on Medicare Supplement plans that are not currently being written. The company is still
doing Medicare Supplement business but under new paper for the lack of better words. I have always been nervous moving someone from a Medicare Supplement plan to a MAPD plan, however, some of these Medicare Supplement plan rates have really have gotten out of hand so it is time to show an alternative. These individuals wouldn't pass underwriting ....

These are the individuals I am talking about.

If you drop a Medigap policy to join a Medicare Advantage Plan for the first time, you have a 12-month trial right period to get your Medigap policy back if the same insurance company still sells it.

From what I have read, it sounds like we would need to go back to the original carrier for a yay or nay then go from there.

I am just looking for some real world experience.

Thank you

Brian

I have a number of individuals that are on Medicare Supplement plans that are not currently being written. The company is still
doing Medicare Supplement business but under new paper for the lack of better words. I have always been nervous moving someone from a Medicare Supplement plan to a MAPD plan, however, some of these Medicare Supplement plan rates have really have gotten out of hand so it is time to show an alternative. These individuals wouldn't pass underwriting ....

These are the individuals I am talking about.

If you drop a Medigap policy to join a Medicare Advantage Plan for the first time, you have a 12-month trial right period to get your Medigap policy back if the same insurance company still sells it.

From what I have read, it sounds like we would need to go back to the original carrier for a yay or nay then go from there.

I am just looking for some real world experience.

Thank you

Brian
not original carrier, but same plan. So if they had a plan F with AARP, then went BCBS MAPD, they would have to go back to plan F, but the plan F could be with Humana or AARP or MoO etc..

They have to go back to the original company if that company is still writing the plan.
that must be state specific. I have done that many times. Most recent was last AEP.
Lady Had AARP Plan F, went Florida Blue for a year, didn't like it, then went to Humana Plan F because it was $80/mo cheaper than AARP. Issued with GI, and I got paid the full commission plus a bonus that Humana was paying at the time.

But I also ride unicorn to work and Hand out bags of fairy dust to all my clients. In other words, I live in Florida.

Back