Marketing Personal lines

Sounds like some of our systems are working great compared to what I'm seeing as feedback on here. So maybe I can share a few ideas that are working well for us.

Our referral program includes a $10 gas card for anyone who refers a friend to us, puts your name in the hat for a $50 monthly gift card drawing and also one chance for the annual $500 shopping spree giveaway. The more referrals, the more chances. We include a thank you in our quarterly client newsletter and list the names of the gas card winners and the monthly $50 winners along with details on the program.

Our Real Estate agents get a $25 gas card for any referral, whether we write the insurance or not- They seem to be very loyal to free gas cards ! To car salesman we send $10 gas cards for substandard business and $25 gas cards for preferred referrals - They also seem to be loyal to free stuff !

The emergency contact program for new hoemowners accounts is also starting to generate substantial amounts of new business.

Good luck to those of you who choose to get off their rearends and market, it really isn't as bad as it sounds.

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents here as some of you were talking about marketing and sending out postcards. I cant say enough about what a handwritten letter to either a homeowner or business means these days. I constantly hear that from a lot of our customers on response rates. The response they get is overwhelming. I think as we are all bombarded by so many messages, people have some respect for someone taking the time to hand write a letter (or at the very least the envelope). Now, to go beyond that, as I know a lot of you are very busy to do it yourselves. Here's a great suggestion one our clients is doing. He posts on Craigslist for free - and uses stay at home moms to help him hand write or at the very least hand address the envelelopes.

We use letters also when targeting businesses but at .41 a pop for postage it does add up when talking about P/L. Bottom line is that most people ignore their current book of business as a source of cross selling and getting referrals which I am guilty of as well.....

Hello,
thanks for the advice yes I am just starting with a captive agency, I just seems like I am getting a slow start.
I am in the office all week (part of my job requirement, they want a agent in the office at all times)
The problem with that I am getting more service than sales time and feeling frustrated.
I am required to make 300 calls a week and I am straight commissions with a part time salary of 15 hours a week (service)
It's has been hard to get into a system of things that is why I was wondering if it's better to work the current book, cold call new potential clients or both

If you have a current book, your company should be able to do a list run and see who has auto but not home insured with you and vise versa. Those would be a good place to start. They are missing out on multi-policy discounts. Just a thought.

Back