Marketplace leniency these days

has anyone else noticed lately that when applying folk for SEP loss of coverage, they seem to have stopped asking for proof of loss. It was 100% guarantee they would ask in the past, and now the last 5-6 I've done, they ask for nothing. Not even for high income people suddenly reporting they will make little this year....not proof of income, no proof of loss....just, Here.....go pick a plan and have fun!!!

Maybe COVID 19 changed the rules and I missed the memo.

Seems like it would make it pretty easy for anyone to get coverage if they really wanted to.

Correct on all. No documents most of time. The sheer volume requires them to convert to honor system or random sampling. I dont know if it was a formal announcement. More of back room decision. 7 yrs later, they are still making it up as they go.

Makes it easier for sure, also gets carrier the info next day, and make payment quickly, etc

It's bad biz IMO. Either short term when get new job back, or cobra may be paid for in next stimulus bill, or the UI income will be counted and taxed, or PPP loan pays for group, and if they get income back soon, big clawbacks will be coming.

And most get medicaid or chip

Back