MassMutual GA Override

nrh388

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea what kind of overrides MM GAs get on their agents' production? Ballpark estimate (e.g. 30% of GDC)?

Also, are commissions paid by MM to the GAs to be distributed to the agents, or does MM pay agents commissions directly?

Thanks,

nrh388

If you're looking for GDC that MMLISI pays out, it's 40% start out to 80%(I'm pretty sure) max payout. And it pays directly from MMLISI.

Mass pays its agents directly. The GA may choose to enhance compensation out of his/her own pocket. This is the same whether it is commission, bonus or GDC.

I have no idea what the overrides are, but I suspect that they are substantial on the life side and more minor on the GDC side. Since many provide significant support and in no way set your compensation, ultimately it doesn't matter what it is.

Mass pays its agents directly. The GA may choose to enhance compensation out of his/her own pocket. This is the same whether it is commission, bonus or GDC.

I have no idea what the overrides are, but I suspect that they are substantial on the life side and more minor on the GDC side. Since many provide significant support and in no way set your compensation, ultimately it doesn't matter what it is.

MassMutual pays 55 direct to the agent. Anything over that would have to be paid by who you're contracted through. Thus, who holds your contact does set your compensation. There is plenty of room to make the comp competitive. There are good contracts out there and there are some GAs that won't offer them. Just be careful who you're contracted with because it's not easy to move the contracts.

MassMutual GAs are those who run offices with plenty of semi-captive agents. They should be contracted directly by MassMutual, rather than through their brokerage division.

MassMutual pays 55 direct to the agent. Anything over that would have to be paid by who you're contracted through. Thus, who holds your contact does set your compensation. There is plenty of room to make the comp competitive. There are good contracts out there and there are some GAs that won't offer them. Just be careful who you're contracted with because it's not easy to move the contracts.

I should be clear, I was referring to the captive agents, not brokerage.

Back