Med Supp Carriers and Appointments

PhxSunsFan

Guru
If you are licensed in the carrier's state. but not appointed with them.. can you submit a med supp app and then get appointed? being able to do this e-app,,, never face to face and no signing by the insured? or is e sig needed for med supps? thanks

Representing a product that your not appointed to sell yet, and submitting any app without any kind of signature?

Sounds just peachy

If you are licensed in the carrier's state. but not appointed with them.. can you submit a med supp app and then get appointed? being able to do this e-app,,, never face to face and no signing by the insured? or is e sig needed for med supps? thanks
Depends on the state. Soem states such as Tennessee allow on demand licensing allowing you to submit an application with you license application.

Texas allows this.

The easist way to do it is write UHC/AARP. They add you to whatever state you get licensed in.

lets say I'm licensed in a state and bankers has the best rate or western united. must I be appointed with them before submitting an app..???

Seems like you are going about this in a backwards fashion with a chance to have the application issued and you not paid. I would hold the application until you have a writing number is EVERY case before submitting the app. Doing things your way is a guaranteed way to lose a commission because you were in a hurry

Seems like you are going about this in a backwards fashion with a chance to have the application issued and you not paid. I would hold the application until you have a writing number is EVERY case before submitting the app. Doing things your way is a guaranteed way to lose a commission because you were in a hurry
Not in TN. A lot of companies will not accept your contract application unless you submit a product application at the same time.

Back