Med Supp Question -

If you have clients in any of those plans it is probably a good idea to move them out of those plans anyway.

Insurance companies have been pushing Plan J for sometime because of the price. Regardless if they eliminate it or not look for some pretty big increases in Plan J in the not too distant future.

That's what I am planning on doing. For me these are clients who would not change the plan they were in. I still saved them money by switching carriers, just not into the plans I recommended. I usually put everyone in D or G.

"Congress overrode the President's veto to pass the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 into law on July 15, 2008. The main focus of this bill was to eliminate the plannes 10.6% decrease in payments to doctors, but the act also contained a number of changes for Medigap and Medicare Advantage (MA) Plans.

Starting in June 2010, there will be a number of changes to Medigap policies as recommended by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC):

- All plans must include hospice care
- Plans E, H, I, and J will no longer be available.
- Two new plans (M and N) will be implemented with higher cost-sharing and lower premiums"

Pacesetter, Page 6, Aug/Sept 2008

It then goes onto talk about some of the changes to MA plans.

"Congress overrode the President's veto to pass the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 into law on July 15, 2008. The main focus of this bill was to eliminate the plannes 10.6% decrease in payments to doctors, but the act also contained a number of changes for Medigap and Medicare Advantage (MA) Plans.

Starting in June 2010, there will be a number of changes to Medigap policies as recommended by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC):

- All plans must include hospice care
- Plans E, H, I, and J will no longer be available.
- Two new plans (M and N) will be implemented with higher cost-sharing and lower premiums"

Pacesetter, Page 6, Aug/Sept 2008

It then goes onto talk about some of the changes to MA plans.

Very good. Thanks

Back