Med Supp Rate Increase | BCBS vs UHC

Caveat, not an agent.

With all the comments I have seen here in the past couple of years about significant increases in the costs of health care, I am not sure that historic information about rate increases is a valid predictor for future rate increases in today's medical environment anyway.

So rates change with different carriers at different times of the year?

If you had to choose, UHC vs BCBS vs Humana (Achieve). Which one would you pick.

What state are you in? Im in FL and mostly do UHC. Lately I’ve sprinkled in some humana and Cigna. We are all issue age here too.

FL

The commission on FL Blue plan G is under $300. Man whah the hell did I just talk this guy into 😭

I have 2-3 on FL blue. They have their rate increase on 1/1 and I think they announced a 9-10% rate increase. Tell your client that and he’ll change his mind quick.
Uhc used to pay $220 but now they pay around $450. Humana pays 20% and you have a $200 bonus right now. Both are cheaper than FL blue for T65

I have 2-3 on FL blue. They have their rate increase on 1/1 and I think they announced a 9-10% rate increase. Tell your client that and he’ll change his mind quick.
Uhc used to pay $220 but now they pay around $450. Humana pays 20% and you have a $200 bonus right now. Both are cheaper than FL blue for T65
I have all of my med supps except 1 on Humana. Starting to stay away from them because the achieve product is newer and there rates are relatively high already.

I think we’ll see bigger rate increases from them in the future.

Will recommend UHC on my next meeting with him. This guy is also 68 FYI. So I believe UHC was more than FL Blue in my case by $15 a month.

Yeah I wish they paid better. And their application is garbage.

Good luck ever getting someone through it the first try remotely without any issues.

Fun fact I think they pay the same for T65 as they do for U65. So bring them those.

For some reason people want the Florida blue because they think they will get better support somehow with it being a "Florida" company. Go figure.

Back when Florida Blue only allowed supplement for captive only I did lose a few sales where the client specifically wanted Florida Blue.

So thankful for the option, at least.

I thought UHC is community rated. Maybe UHC does it different state to state?
In Missouri they are all attained age. Interestingly, those just now turning 65 are paying about the same as those who are 68ish and joining for the first time.... The only plan where I know the increase date is UHC and it's in June. Anthem I think is January.

Back