Med Supp Rate Increase | BCBS vs UHC

Any idea on rate lock for new customers? Just trying to find the value to show this guy even though it’s $14 a month more.

But I don’t want to “steer” him either
But in some states like mine UHC now has 2 G's - one with the gym membership and some vision and dental help (although around here a very limited network on those and it's not that much money involved) that they say is "free" with the plan. Then June 2023 they introduced a G without those things at a significantly cheaper price (so they are not "free"). My understanding is that the G "light" is being rolled out nationwide over several years.

Oops I guess I didn't make it clear that was what I was talking about.

I understood that, just stating that the "discount" does not apply to entry or attained age plans . . . at least that is my understanding. I think community rating only exists in a handful of states, but I could be mistaken.

I understood that, just stating that the "discount" does not apply to entry or attained age plans . . . at least that is my understanding. I think community rating only exists in a handful of states, but I could be mistaken.
Yes the discount only applies to community based plans to try to make the initial premium price be in the ball park as the competition for folks at 65-75 (well probably more 65-70 but the discounts go through age 75 in this state) so that people don't reject it outright not understanding the benefits a community based plan risk pool when they are older (and of course some people will never understand the risk pool concept, etc. etc. etc.).

I know they don't offer community based in some states but I don't know how many they do offer it in. That is what they use in this state which is why I am familiar with it.

By the way I am impressed with how you follow so much of what goes on in the industry and related industries that affect us. STAT is expensive (although I have found googling the topic I can often find other outlets publishing information about the same news/topic they discuss although that isn't quite the same). At least Becker is free.

Back