Med Supp/Trial Right fishing for a lower Med Supp premium hypothetical

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Unhealty diabetic is on an expensive Aetna Med Supp F. He has never been on a Med Advantage and wants to stay on MA for 1 month and then get back on a cheaper Med Supp using Trial Right.
Could he pick ANY MS carrier F in his market to join?
Would it be limited to returning back to Aetna F at the same ridiculous premium? Or could he even get Aetna F at the current newcomer rate (doubt it)?

He’s going back to his original plan and company. Unless it’s not available anymore.
If it is an old defunct “Accendo” policy, would he still have to return to a comparable Aetna policy that is offered now?
I used Accendo, but it could be any closed business line.
Is that what you mean by plan?

I had this happen w/ a no longer offered Aetna entity. I put the client with a different "conglomerate" (BCBS I think) and simply indicated "Continental Life no longer available for enrollment"

I think the new carrier has a right to ask for some level of proof that the old won't take them back....

Unhealty diabetic is on an expensive Aetna Med Supp F. He has never been on a Med Advantage and wants to stay on MA for 1 month and then get back on a cheaper Med Supp using Trial Right.
Could he pick ANY MS carrier F in his market to join?
Would it be limited to returning back to Aetna F at the same ridiculous premium? Or could he even get Aetna F at the current newcomer rate (doubt it)?
Unlike most carriers UHC use to take those as GI in Florida and i assume other states .haven't dad to do one in a while so not sure they still do,

UHC still accepts, just need evidence of dropping supp and welcome letter from MAPD. Commission is awful and these are a lot more work on agent

Back