Medi Share

That's the million dollar question.....I had a "regional manager" years ago try to recruit me to sell this stuff and I couldn't get that out of him them and today I talked to a "new here myself" selling the plan over the phone (all inhouse sales) and I'm sure he doesn't even know what claims reserves even mean let alone be able to answer the question. They don't have to report to the doi on claims reserves so who knows.

My favorite line to people who had it (haven't run into it in a long time) was that I would tell them that I can't compete with faith....worked every time.

Well if it not considered insurance I'm guessing the sales people are not licensed and as such shouldn't there be something like a source of funds rule when they are helping people move from Insurance to these plans...kinda like the source of funds rules the SEC is working on to stop an agent from moving money from a product they are not licensed to sell.

Even though we're aware that the wrong health coverage can be just as financially disasterous as purchasing the wrong investment, the government does not see it that way. That's why they will allow minimum wage "Navigators" to give health insurance advice and guidance when the National Health Insurance Exchange is activated in 2014.
:no:

Christian Medshare because THEY deem what is reasonable-and-
customary when it comes to paying medical bills. He had a knee operation that was $35,000, but C.M. only felt that the total cost of the operation was only worth $14,000. He had to pay the difference.

And this is a big part of the problem of these plans.

They do not use a MCO to negotiate pricing so providers are not bound by contract to honor what they pay. They negotiate AFTER THE FACT, not in advance.

Of course the lack of guarantees makes it suspect when it comes to providers who are willing to accept payment.

Back