Medicare approved amount vs. Medicare paid amount, what's the diff?

I love how agents selling MA say "you can always go back to regular Medicare if you don't like the Advantage." They seem to forget about underwriting.

On the other side, people say "I've never had a problem " (but have never been sick).

Sometimes I want to choke both.

Those who have money mostly buy supplements. Those who have more money buy into concierge services to be at the top of the care list

.Those who don't have money talk about how smart they are to get their gym membership for free.

Let them do whatever they want as long as they do it with you.
Thanks, Junkman. Yes, I'm aware of Medsup underwriting. I was suggesting you could go with nothing more than Part A, B, and D if you'd invested enough to cover the deductibles, copays, and coinsurance. That's why I was trying to get a handle on just how high coinsurance can get. David Belk claims it's almost never untenable but, I think we all agree, he should stick to doctoring and leave risk mgt to others.

I'm doing my best to advise my prospects and clients as I would my own mom. I make sure they understand that a Medsup may not be doable down the road if they forego it through their GI period. I also advise that, if they can budget for a Medsup and PDP plan, I highly recommend that route.

One reason I started in this field was because I was told I would be helping people. This is why I wanted to get clarity on Belk's claims. If Medsups were really a waste of money as he claims, I would be obliged to convey that to my clients and find another line of work. But, I'm convinced that Belk is bunk and, of course, Medsups provide far better coverage than MA plans.

People with money will not accept unlimited liability to save a few dollars in premiums. Medsups are not a waste of money. They protect assets and give access to any provider that accepts Medicare.

Move on from Belk and go sell something. He's full of crap.

I have been in the health insurance business for over 45 years.

The folks that never had claims complained the most about paying premiums.

Never heard a word from the ones that racked up big claims.

I have been in the health insurance business for over 45 years.

The folks that never had claims complained the most about paying premiums.

Never heard a word from the ones that racked up big claims.
Thank you very much! You're very kind to help and I'm very grateful for your guidance.

Back