Medicare.Com ??

I think it's pretty deceptive. I have had several clients/prospects hand me the letter and say "I got this from Medicare, so I was going to call them, what do you think I need to do?"

They get away with it because the ".com" is a part of the name, and since it is a "com" I believe that is arguably noting that it is a company and not a government entity. So the name of the company "medicare dot com" is clearly not "medicare"

If you cant beat them, join them, make your own company and use the same psychology...

I think it's pretty deceptive. I have had several clients/prospects hand me the letter and say "I got this from Medicare, so I was going to call them, what do you think I need to do?"

They get away with it because the ".com" is a part of the name, and since it is a "com" I believe that is arguably noting that it is a company and not a government entity. So the name of the company "medicare dot com" is clearly not "medicare"

If you cant beat them, join them, make your own company and use the same psychology...
I thought at one time insurance agencies were forbidden to use Medicare as part of their name..

Back