Medicare FMO/IMO Feedback Please!

Well Rick you are twice my age and im sure know more than most about this business. But calling me ignorant at age 61 is pretty low. Mutual has the best prices in my Zip code as far as I know. So I feel im doing what right for my clients. It would be better for someone of your age and experience to simply give advice vs just saying im ignorant.

Well Rick you are twice my age and im sure know more than most about this business. But calling me ignorant at age 61 is pretty low. Mutual has the best prices in my Zip code as far as I know. So I feel im doing what right for my clients. It would be better for someone of your age and experience to simply give advice vs just saying im ignorant.

I do not think you are ignorant but you certainly are making some statements that make you appear to be so. For example the statement about "old people" going to the Dr just to have something to do.. That is certainly the ignorance of youth showing through. :1frown:

That was an insensitive thing for me to say and not something I should have said. Didn't mean to be offensive. But still MoO still has the best prices in GA as far as I know. I want to do the best for my clients so if you have a suggestion to help with lower premiums it would be appreciated.

As I said in a different thread, evidently you haven't heard of State Mutual.

Also, tell me your thoughts on United World and United of Omaha Medicare Supplements.

And the definition of ignorant is lacking in knowledge. So to say you are ignorant regarding Medicare Supplement (especially carrier history) may not be too far off base.

That was an insensitive thing for me to say and not something I should have said. Didn't mean to be offensive. But still MoO still has the best prices in GA as far as I know. I want to do the best for my clients so if you have a suggestion to help with lower premiums it would be appreciated.

The goal is not to lower premiums, instead it should be to give the coverage they want and need. I am 70, have Medicare and carry a Medicare supplement. Had I had you for an agent, I would have had a managed Care Medicare Replacement (Advantage) plan and would have been very unhappy over the last few years. I would have hit the Out of Pocket max several of those years.. That in and of itself would have cost me much more than the premium on my plan F. I also would have been limited to using the in network doctors. Believe me, when a doctor tells you that you have massive, incurable cancer, go home and make your arrangements, you want every option avaiable. You don't want to be limited to using the providers that just happen to have a contract with the managed care organization. Medicare supplements give you those options.

To be without knowledge is indeed the definition of ignorant. I did not call you stupid.

You may love MoO but when you say they do a good job you have to tell me who doesn't do a good job. Also why is an A+ carrier better than an A- carrier?

Do you know the history of MoO and how they've been screwing customers for years? They are ALWAYS the lowest priced carrier for a few years. Then they become one of the highest as they close the company and start a new lowest price carrier.

Some of us have memories longer than 18 months. As far as my advice, it costs $19.95 a month to join MedicareTraining101. We don't provide contracts but we do help agents understand what they're doing.

Rick

Hey thanks for the last 2 posts. I will look into your class im sure I could use your knowledge to help people. And I don't understand what MoO has done in the past. That is good to know. Rousemark sorry to hear that and im glad it worked out for you. I know that in a perfect world everyone wants a Med supp. What I do for every one of my client every time is I look up every medication they have. I look up every doctor. I show them the differences between MAPD plans and also Supps. Sometimes money is the biggest influencece in a persons decision. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the input.

Hey thanks for the last 2 posts. I will look into your class im sure I could use your knowledge to help people. And I don't understand what MoO has done in the past. That is good to know. Rousemark sorry to hear that and im glad it worked out for you. I know that in a perfect world everyone wants a Med supp. What I do for every one of my client every time is I look up every medication they have. I look up every doctor. I show them the differences between MAPD plans and also Supps. Sometimes money is the biggest influencece in a persons decision. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the input.

A man that acknowledges that he has a lot to learn is not an ignorant man!

Back