Medicare for All?

There simply is no money for MEDICAID- (which is what they’re really describing) For- -All.

The Commies do this every time there’s an election. The vast majority of the people are not for this. Hell, even most Democrats aren’t for it, because it’s political suicide and isn’t even remotely feasible. Only the extreme foaming-at-the-mouth Commie pinkos are.

Most people are extremely happy with the insurance they have now, and they know that they will be taxed into oblivion to pay for something substandard, like this. People are already taxed out.

It’s just an attempted DemoCommie government power grab. They want everyone under their thumb, and it’s very transparent, at this point. They’re no longer fooling most people.

There are some fixes that need to be made, but hey can easily do it to the current system. Just remember, you and all of your family members need to vote Republican.

There simply is no money for MEDICAID- (which is what they’re really describing) For- -All.

The Commies do this every time there’s an election. The vast majority of the people are not for this. Hell, even most Democrats aren’t for it, because it’s political suicide and isn’t even remotely feasible. Only the extreme foaming-at-the-mouth Commie pinkos are.

Most people are extremely happy with the insurance they have now, and they know that they will be taxed into oblivion to pay for something substandard, like this. People are already taxed out.

It’s just an attempted DemoCommie government power grab. They want everyone under their thumb, and it’s very transparent, at this point. They’re no longer fooling most people.

There are some fixes that need to be made, but hey can easily do it to the current system. Just remember, you and all of your family members need to vote Republican.

The money will come from rationing

upload_2020-1-21_11-46-56.jpeg

YAgents is my username i created for a reason over 10 years ago. The sky was falling back then too.

Y Agents?

Because advice will always be needed. The more complicated, the better.

Your income may morph from commissions to fees, but your career will not go away. Remember, financial advisors already went through this transition over the past 2 decades.

There will always be a private market to sell. Medicare or medicaid for all will never happen. It will continue to be a mish mash of programs. Group and medicaid and obamacare ......and medicare are going nowhere. Just more of each.

Exactly this. The sky is always falling, and especially always around election time. The Commies need to rule up their voting base, no matter how unrealistic the idea is.

Then, the craziness dies down, and you will barely hear about this. In most reliable polls, over 75% of Americans don’t want this. Only the fringe parasites do.

But, that leads me back to your point. If there’s one thing you’ll quickly find out when you go into the industry....people need help with EVERYTHING. Many need you to tie their shoes for them.

I’m not trying to demean, because I know insurance is confusing, but I sometimes help relatives of my established clients do their Medicaid paperwork, and these people are just absolutely clueless as to what to do.

Even in the unrealistic and unlikely disaster scenario that Medicate-For-All gets passed, someone has to administer it. Everyone trying to get on Medicaid always calls me, because the state is useless in helping them.
The money will come from rationing

View attachment 5938

My prediction....Comrade Sanders would be hunted down in the streets before people accepted a pittance of an income, like in the old Soviet USSR. Once the people don’t have much left to lose, things get violent.

Last edited:
Exactly this. The sky is always falling, and especially always around election time. The Commies need to rule up their voting base, no matter how unrealistic the idea is.

My prediction....Comrade Sanders would be hunted down in the streets before people accepted a pittance of an income, like in the old Soviet USSR. Once the people don’t have much left to lose, things get violent.

Unfortunately why this movement can be successful at first is the, in the beginning, they take from the rich and give to the poor, The rich are not violent

The most violent of the population will be appeased at first as they will help push the objective

Remember this Keep in mind their sentence they were not allowed near polling booths for 2 years

upload_2020-1-21_12-5-31.jpeg

What do you think all this movement against the police, Letting criminals vote, Not enforcing some laws happing in many places is all about

The current pres. candidates fail to point out not even the current Medicare system covers, much less pays for everything. They must know this yet conclude voters are not capable of understanding "details" no matter how important. They also fail to point out how Medicare benefits by cost-shifting onto other payers. Medicare pays only about 68 cents on the dollar, so someone else must make up these costs. In a Medicare-For-All scheme, there is nobody left to make up the difference.
As bad as these omissions by our would-be rulers are, blaming insurance companies alone for escalating costs borders on fraud. Insurers are left as the last line of defense in reining in costs, only to be vilafied for the effort. Will Democrats be able to tell doctors, nurses and other care providers that THEY are part of the problem and must take a pay cut?
A more truthful approach would include disclosure of the new taxes needed to support a Medicare-For-All scheme, along with the fact that you will still be exposed to out-of-pocket costs via copays, deductibles, etc. just like current insurance plans. Medicare Advantage plans would be the most obvious example of what such a system could look like and reflect a more realistic public-private partnership approach to tackling a difficult problem.

I do not believe that private insurance carriers will ever be gone. There will always be a market for it!

Obamacare culled the herd quite a bit for carriers AND agents.

Medicare is different. Both DC and carriers are doing their best to get folks on Medicare Advantage plans. That means more carriers and more agents.

I don't foresee original Medicare going away, or even becoming a minority.

And Medicare for all, IF it ever happens, will be MEDICAID for all. That won't go over very well with anyone, except those who want something for nothing.

They too will be very disappointed.

So this is a soapbox issue for many and I will add that I hope all of you posting are members of the National Association of Health Underwriters (www.nahu.org). All of the issues mentioned here have and are being worked on either alone or with a coalition of partners trying to save healthcare. The problem is we have a broken system that needs transforming. So, the Affordable Care Act was created to do that ... but instead of making care affordable it did nothing in that are but attacked insurance instead and made that unaffordable.

As to the single payer issue, I suggest you take their course for a couple of hundred dollars and get educated as to the pros, cons, and who (as in countries) is and has not been successful in getting this accomplished.

Personally, I believe that the Medicare Supplement market will continue to grow and be profitable for a long time to come. Those of you that specialize there should be OK. As for the future, even if the Medicare for All campaign is successful, there will always be products introduced that will take those that want it to "the head of the class" (i.e., insurers will pay more so you can go to private clinics and clinicians).

No matter your point of view, education is our best means of keeping the single payer program away from our society.

Back