Medicare Leads

You should be trying to put them on a med supp to begin with. If they can't qualify or just can't (or won't) afford it, then present the MA. If you have to, tell them you can't talk to them about an MA plan without them contacting you, of course by then you've already given them your cell phone #, go stand in the street and let them call you! No problem!

Maybe thats the case in Virginia, but in Hawaii I will put 90-95% of my clients on an MAPD plan any day over a med sup.

Why is that IBS? Are the MA's in Hawaii structered with no co-pays and can you tell the senior who's on a fixed income that there is no way they should get a bill, and if they do to send it to you and you'll call and get it straight? If you have MA's there that are like that and cheaper, then you're right, if not, well hmmmm.....

Gentlemen, I am going to give you the same advice I give my unemployed people in my Career Network group. More business is found through Networking than any other means.

With the unemployed, they love to go through Monster and Career Builder. With you guys, it's buying leads, and hiring telemarketers.

:goofy:

Raise your hand if you know a Financial Planner.

Raise your hand if you live near a Library or Community Center, where you know Seniors visit.

Market yourself. Get yourself signed up as a Speaker at their next meeting. Visit FP's and tell them you can save their senior clients a few hundred bucks a month.

Oy vey!:wacko:

By doing this, you eliminate 99.999% of what CMS requires you do. I never worry about a chargeback, misunderstanding, or CMS procedural breakdown.

When I do my informational meetings, I follow up with a phone call, and if someone wants to meet with me, I have them send me their docs and meds info first, before we meet.

If I get a referral from a FP, I tell them to send me the person's docs and meds, or have the client send me the docs and meds, before we meet.

I call the docs office to find out what plans they work with, and I look in the forumularies to find the meds, then I call and make the appointment, assure them their docs and meds are in the plan ( I show them the printout I have), and boom, referral time.

:wideeyed:

Why make it so hard?

CMS is actually doing the professionals a favor. If you have a telemarketer, you better work with them all you can now. They won't do you any good come November 15, 2008.

You can still use reply cards, but ask the beneficiaries how many they get between September and December. You ain't gonna stand out.

Networking, folks. It works for the unemployed, as well as the professional.

Bob,

That is the best advise an agent can get...but how many of them will do that?

This leaves a lot of opportunity for professional agents who will take the extra time to network and get out there.

If you want leads, perhaps I can do for you what I'm doing for SAI.

I buy leads for $2 and sell them to Ramiz for $6. He then sells them to SAI for $12.

If you'd like, Ramiz can sell them same leads to you for $12 and you can either work them or sell them to SAI for $17. That way everyone makes out.

Don't tell SAI we're doing this. He thinks the leads are exclusive.

Rick

Back