Medicare Medigap (supplement) insurance

YES!!! Thanks! Great song there too!! I was referencing Kid Rock/Machine Gun Kelly song. I would put it in here but don't know how. "Bad Mother F'r"

Love this one too!! Also suitable for my daily mood--free as a bird, will never be changed.
Click on share...copy, then paste onto your post.

CWradio,

I was born and raised in MI.

Your concern is valid. Transamerica has been keeping the premiums down since dropping new business but with no new business coming in we will see where it goes.

If you work with a good independent agent then they will go through the underwriting questions with you before you submit the application. You will have a good idea of your chances then. Underwriting is not as difficult as some think unless you have had a serious health issue in the last few years. I have clients in their mid 80's pass all the time.

I would be happy to help answer any other questions you have and to see if you can pass underwriting.

My Medigap insurance company(Transamerica) is no longer accepts new customers (since 2020), but still serving and renewing the policy. I am concerned since there no new customers, the only people left in the plan will be sick and older people causing a higher increase in yearly premium.
My question:
Is it time to switch insurance companies or stay the course? If I switch I am required in my state (Michigan) to do medical underwriting. I am 78 and getting on in age and not sure if I will pass the underwriting. Thanks

Sigh.. you need a hug..

And I'm literally saying flipping someone to a 5 star JUST to flip them to GI is stupid in this situation under your number. I said why in the past post.

Your insecurity is making you feel like I'm calling you an ass, which I never typed or implied.

You were selling MAPD as a solution here (in response to Bob, but still selling it) that's not what the OP was asking for. Then you got defensive when I pointed that out and started running off about production, which has nothing to do with what I was saying. You bought production into this, not me.

Then you decide to go Ad Hominem for what? Because I said that something as a business owner is stupid? That you weren't listening to what the Op wanted? Okay.

I would challenge that significantly. My actual time on this form has decreased dramatically, and I don't think I've "torn anyone down" in quite awhile. I want to say Don was really the last one for the same reason I'm not doing it now, personal attacks.

You haven't rationally engaged with me yet. I'd go back and read what you wrote. It was super attacky and frankly inappropriate. Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of dust ups, but I've always approached it rationally and be known to change my mind when an argument is present that makes sense to me.

I don't have an idea of who you are. I'm responding to an idea that another person presented, use GI with MAPD SEP. I think that's dumb ATM. I didn't "bash you personally, MAPD, or BCBSMI.

I would hope you're a nice person. I've spoken to a few people over the phone from this forum, and I think those that talk to me would say I'm quite personable. I speak very candidly and have an opinion, but I try to always phrase it as "this is what I do, your perspective may be different."

I have a flare for dramatics, but I'm not petty.

Cool, what advice have I given you that I haven't prefaced that "this is my opinion, but do what you think is right" that's been bad? I'm happy to learn so I can do better as a resource, if you'd call me that.. I wouldn't, because while I have strong opinions.. They're mine, not fact.

You mean that I've openly said I don't sell DSNP actively and have no interest? What specifically do you mean? I probably have said cringe stuff, because I don't like the market. I've also said that those that do cover that market are a godsend, because I don't have to.

I've not once said or implied that. I've said I prefer Medigap. There are definitely bad agents that do this, as I get calls from people telling me they didn't know what they signed up for and it wasn't right for them. That's not everyone.

If that's not you, then why are you upset?

You can sell something as being a better solution without selling it as a sales portal, stop being disingenuous. I do write business and keep myself current, but I'm honest that I write content as part of my practice. Usually it's used to illustrate to agents that a license isn't JUST for selling.

Secondly, I have a state employee plan. I've not once said that BCN OR BCBS is a bad MAPD plan or Medigap plan. I have said that BCBS Medigap gets really expensive as you get older and concerning benefits there are plans that are better. I see it every time I run the Plan Finder... doesn't mean they're not good, they're just not worth it FOR ME.

BCBS doesn't fit into my market needs.. I don't need it to write because I work T65 and retirement transition SEPs, so I don't contract... because I don't want to take a college course on BCBSM history just to write insurance. Now, if that's no longer a pre-req, it's not. It was when I did go to contract.

I'm absolutely sure you do provide great information about DSNP. It's your primary market. I've never knocked your DSNP knowledge. I have said that you present yourself as this bad ass Medicare guy, but you don't know a lot of stuff about Medicare in retirement (meaning underwriting and SEPs) vs DSNP... which is like Medicare's red headed stepchild.

You're super niche, and U65 Medicare needs people that focus on that market. I'm just not that guy and admit it.

Most of my flare ups with you are because of personal attacks or information that you give in retirement Medicare that is more likely to apply to U65 Medicare.

There we go again with Ad Hominem and pretty much everything here is what makes you an ass, not because we have different opinions about Medicare private insurance.

You can say pretty much anything you want about me being direct in my presentation, but I've never attacked anyone about their family or said something as cringe-like as "my daddy would kick his ass."

That's petty.

Edit: After I finished this, I thought a little more about it. Perhaps my usefulness to this forum and this forums usefulness to me has met its expiration date. If I'm giving information that is not valuable to the greater market, then I shouldn't be giving info at all.

This forum tends to bring out behaviors (myself included) that are just nasty. So, maybe it is time for me to exit.

Don't even start to sell yourself short!! You are an asset to the Forum

Med supp can be fully learned in under two hours

Product knowledge, yes, rudimentary in two hours . . . unless you are Evelyn Wood.

Understanding how Medicare works, so you have something of value to offer, takes more in depth study.

There are a lot of folks out there, including some on this forum, that supposedly earn decent money selling Medigap and/or MAPD plus ancillary products. However their knowledge and understanding about how Medicare works is severely lacking.

Back