KellyAH

Hello! I've been lurking for a bit so I thought I would drop an intro post as suggested by an admin (as I suspect you all received.) I've been in Medicare for about 8 years and felt it was a calling since the beginning. I can read about and talk about Medicare endlessly. I've been with many companies through the years but am hoping I found my job home where I currently work. I've been here about a year and had no idea SEP could be so freaking busy. It's nice having a ton of group plans leaking them to me. I'm considered more of a teacher than a sales person and that's the way I like it. Although I close close to 90% here. Ah, well. They also gave me Marketplace so AEP/OEP was an interesting experiment in how much I can work without sleeping or eating. LOL. We are going into AEP this year with a much clearer process and hopefully someone who can head the Marketplace OEP.

I'm always happy to answer questions and am excited to have such a learned group to ask those one offs that I can find no answer for regardless of how much I research. I've enjoyed reading along and the interactions between you all. So, hello again.

Great post post. I am not new to insurance but I am completely new to Medicare and W2 sales. I just started my second full month on the sales floor following a 6 week training. I can talk Medicare with ease and confidence now. I closed June with 10 enrollments, closed July with 20, and I’m at 6 for August so far. I think I find my home as well.

Great post post. I am not new to insurance but I am completely new to Medicare and W2 sales. I just started my second full month on the sales floor following a 6 week training. I can talk Medicare with ease and confidence now. I closed June with 10 enrollments, closed July with 20, and I’m at 6 for August so far. I think I find my home as well.

I’m Curious. Whats the pay per hour and per app commissions?
The first 3 years were tough for me. I made $16k, $32k, and maybe $48k those first years. I can see W2 being better during those times but I’d have to imagine you’re going to limit yourself in the long run.

I’m Curious. Whats the pay per hour and per app commissions?
The first 3 years were tough for me. I made $16k, $32k, and maybe $48k those first years. I can see W2 being better during those times but I’d have to imagine you’re going to limit yourself in the long run.
I’m making 18/hour at the moment. I can’t share details about the comp plan due to NDA. I’m already topping the leaders daily and top agents here are all above 100k, some at 150’s and 200.

Back